Words of takashi shirogane

"Man, it's two in the morning," yawned Lance,

"Oh shit," breathed Keith, "and I still got to pack Shiro's room,"

"You still have Shiro's stuff?"

"Well... I have some of his stuff, most of it has been returned to his parents, but I still have the odd things in there which weren't wanted... and I couldn't bring myself to throw anything away,"

"I see," Lance nodded sadly,

"Anyways, let's go,"

They went upstairs carrying some left over boxes and tape, both of them buckling slightly under the weight and exercise of climbing the stairs - and the fact it was two am, was clearly not helping their moods.

Keith shuffled the bedroom door open, tentatively stepping in. He clearly had been avoiding this room. It was the room that belonged to his brother after all, the brother which wasn't there. The brother who was missing. Dead.

Keith sighed, clearing the thoughts from his mind - he needed to focus on packing - not Shiro.

Lance stepped in after him, his usual relaxed features were heavily contorted, forming a worried expression.

It was obvious that Keith was trying to put on a strong front, as he was acting as his usual self. However, Lance could sense the underlying pain Keith was experiencing - he was worried. Blocking emotions was never a good thing. Lance knew that for a fact.

"Right," Keith turned to look at Lance, "You go pack all of Shiro's books and stuff over in that corner,"

"Yep," Lance nodded,

"And I'll pack all of this stuff on the shelves over there - as you can see most of the furniture has been taken away already, so this shouldn't take too long," Keith stated,

"Cool," Lance smiled, not without a little fatigue showing on his face,

"I'm sorry about it taking so long," Keith apologised, as he knelt down to grab some tape.

"Hey, it's no problem - I did invite myself over here afterall," Lance grinned goofily,

"Yeah you did," Keith laughed, "thank you for the help tho," he added quietly.

"Omg Keith is being nice to me - that's a first," Lance exclaimed humorously,

"Shut up, you goofball," Keith chuckled lightly,

°°°°

Lance had been packing for a while before he had come across a glass paperweight, yellow eyes of a black lion stared back at him whilst he examined it curiously. Without taking his eyes of the object, he asked Keith whether there was any spare bubble wrap, it looked fragile.

He received no response.

"Keith...?" He turned to look at the mullet head, Keith was sat silently staring at a book, bound in black leather.

"Keith?" Lance asked again,

The jet haired boy turned to look at him, meeting Lance's blue eyes with his own amethyst ones.

"What's wrong?"

"If... This is what I think it is..."

"What is it?"

"This... I think it is..." Keith stuttered, "Shiro's diary,"

"Wh..at?" Lance breathed,

"Do you think I should read it?"

"I..."

"Lance, do you think I should read it?" Keith repeated desperately,

"Yes, I think you should," Lance said confidently,