The persistant fear of vulnerabilty

(Play song ;)
He ran and ran, his body constantly aching for him to stop but his heart rendered superior, guiding him to what mattered most. He tried calling out her name but was ultimately stopped by his tired heavy breathing. Finally, he spotted the fiery redhead. He caught his breathe while looking from a safe distance at her. She was laying down legs and arms separated, her eyes gazed up at the sky, a fresh flower crown laid gracefully atop her head crowning her the queen of his heart. He began walking closer to her. Anne listened as the footsteps came closer to her, she figured the sounds belonged to Diana. But when she looked to her side a moment later she was astonished to find Gilbert Blythe laying down beside her, his glorious eyes focused deep into hers. She could hear the once distant down persistent loud thumping of her heartbeat through her ears.

"Are you ok,'' asked a concerned Gilbert.

Anne's breathing stopped for a second before returning, faster. She pulled herself to her feet, then heard Gilbert doing the same second later. She looked forward angrily, her knuckles whitened as she clenched her fists, all the while her eyes filling with hot tears.

''I'm fine Gilbert, be on your way now,'' Anne said firmly still looking ahead of her, determined.

"Anne," he grabbed her hand gently," none of what they said was true."

"Go away Gilbert," She said ripping her hand away.

"Anne,"-

"No," she said as persistent tears began flowing down her cheeks."I don't want to hear it, every taunt,"

Gilbert moved in front of her and attempted to hug her only to be punched in the chest.

"Let it out," said Gilbert.

"Every laugh,'' she punched him again," every whisper," punch," every glare," punch," its suffocating Gilbert, it's too much, too much," she said continuously hitting him," it's as if every time I go to take a breath they have something to say about it, something to criticize, I'm a fountain flowing with mistakes, imperfections, and I'm drowning in it Gilbert, I'm drowning," she let out a hysterical sob, smacking Gilbert in the chest over and over again. "I need to breathe!'' she froze for a second then finally let herself go. She fell into Gilberts arms and burrowed her head into his shoulder. Gilbert rested one hand on the back of her head while the other rubbed circles on the middle of her back, attempting to sooth her. She clung to Gilbert tightly as she continued to cry. It hurt Gilbert from head to toe to see Anne hurting, he would do anything to take all her pain away. Moments later Anne after Anne's breathing slowed and she was no longer in hysterics, she lifted her head and began moving away from Gilbert.

"Thank you," she said drying her eyes.

"It's not true Anne, everything they say," he took in a long breath," I-I wish I could take it away, its not fair, they have absolutely no right to say those things,"

Anne stood there staring at him, even in the condition she was in now, she still took Gilberts breath away.

That's all for part two! I know it was shorter I really hope you liked it anyway I would seriously appreciate if you commented what you thought and rates this story! Part three will be up tomorrow. Ily❤️❤️