kiss the girl? (scomark)

"Scotty, come on! I know you like her. You've been staring at that table for weeks on end." Kirstie fidgeted her fingers on their lunch table. "I know, she's with Mark, but maybe if you go over and flirt a little, she'll fall for you. I mean you're way hotter than him. Scott blushed. "Oh my god, look at that blush. She poked Scott's cheek. "You're totally in love with her. Go, you got this."

Kirstie was right. He was in love with someone at that table. Except it wasn't her. It wasn't even a her. 

Scott froze in his seat with a nervous smile. 

"Maybe a song will help?" Kirstie started singing.

There you see her,

sitting there across the way.

She don't got a lot to say, 

but there's something about her.

And you don't know why, 

but you're dying to try, you wanna 

kiss the girl.

Scott coughed and laughed, and subtly shook his head. "I do not. That's not true."

"Sure, sure. Say what you want. But we know. It's girl instinct." Kirstie winked.

Scott laughed in his head. She didn't know. She had no clue. That he was looking at Mark the whole time. Those shining eyes, that precious smile, those perfect lips, and most of all, his laugh. That freakin' laugh would be the death of him.

"Okay, maybe a guy singing the song will help? Guys get flushed around girls, for some reason." Scott rolled his eyes and giggled. "Aw, you're giggly. You're falling hard, babe. It's okay, admit it." Kirstie patted him on the back.

Scott couldn't admit his true feelings, honestly, it would be too much to explain. Scott shook his head.

Matt started singing, and Kirstie crossed her fingers that bro to bro talk had some magic power. She wanted Scott to be happy. 

"Sha-la- la-la-la- la-la, my, oh, my,

look at the boy too shy.

He ain't gonna kiss the girl.

Sha-la- la-la-la- la-la,

Ain't that sad, ain't it a shame, too bad,

he gonna miss the girl.

Scott got up in silence. Kirstie and Matt drumrolled on the table. "Are you doing it, baby?" Kirstie smiled.

 He didn't look back at her, because tears were already streaming down his face. He sighed and huffed in anger, his feet dragging along the dirty and warped lunchroom floor. He was getting glares, but he didn't care. He reached the door, pushed it open with one hand, and fell to the floor, putting his back against the opposite side of the door. His face was in his hands, and his heart was racing. He was gay. And why was it so hard to tell everyone. It only took two words. But those were the two hardest words he would ever have to say in a sentence, together. Because of the names he knew existed, the looks he would get, the friends he might lose. Everything was too much. He slammed his head against the door. 

"Fuck, why can't I just like girls? He pushed the doors to the lunchroom open, and ran up to the girl and kissed her hard. "Kirst, are you fucking happy? There. I did it. But I'm not happy." Scott screamed. Kirstie looked with confused eyes as Scott ran back out of the lunchroom, flooding with emotions. "I'm so fucked. I know. But what the fuck do they want? I love guys, I'm sorry that I can't please everyone." Scott flinched as he heard footsteps behind him. It was Mark. 

"Um, um, how much of that did you hear?"

"Everything." He reached for Scott's hand and Scott pushed away.

"Please, please don't tell anyone." A weak Scott looked up to Mark with pleading eyes.

"Oh, honey." He wrapped his arms around Scott. "I won't. And there's nothing wrong with you. I'm gay too. I felt the same way as you in the beginning. I thought I was fucked. But now, I'm happy.

Scott looked at Mark with a confused expression. "But then how-

"Oh, me and her broke up a few months back."

"I have a question. Did you lose people in your life once you came out?"

Mark nodded. "Oh, yeah. My own mother."

Scott raised his eyebrows in fear. "R-really?

Mark nodded. "Yeah, but my own happiness matters more than anyone else's satisfaction."

Scott smiled. He really liked Mark. He was tough and edgy, but soft at the same time. That was hot. Scott noticed Mark eyeing his figure. Mark's eyes were everywhere. Yeah, everywhere. But Scott didn't mind. 

"Wow, Scott, you're pretty hot."

Scott blushed. "Oh, thank you. You're really hot." Scott covered his mouth in shock. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I can leave now." He went to get up off the floor, but Mark stopped him. 

"There's no need for that."

"So, what does this mean?"

Mark grabbed Scott's face and kissed his lips. It means this.

Scott's impulse leaned back in and kissed Mark harder and heavier. "How about this?  Scott said seductively. He didn't know he had this inside him. He had never been in love before. He had kissed girls many times, but he never ever felt this. 

Mark smiled. He knew why Scott was smiling. "You like this?"

Scott chuckled. "I love it. Let's keep doing it."

So Scott didn't kiss the girl after all. But he did fall in love. For the first time and the last time.