Auditions!

It was a very scary and nerve wracking process auditioning for Abby Lee Miller. She was the best of the best! Being on her team meant you made it! During auditions I saw Gianna who gave me my audition number, 24, and I quickly placed it on my stomach on the cotton material of my hoodie. My mom was trying to give me good advice but it was really only annoying me. I could do this! I didn't need a pep talk, I gave myself one before I arrived! When Gianna poked her head through, I smiled at her, as did everyone else.

"Alright, I need everyone in audition room A. Miss Abby is on her way." She spoke as she slipped away again, everyone getting up quickly and saying goodbye to their parents before walking into the small rehearsal room. I stood in between a tall blond male, who gave me a kind smile as he looked down at me, being the (insert here) height I am. The girl to the side of me seemed very sweet, during small talk I realized her name was Pressley. I snapped back into focus when Abby rolled in in her wheel chair, everyone quickly running over to her and hugging her, saying things like 'you're a trooper/warrior Miss Abby' Suck up much? Shut your mouth and let your dance do the talking. I let a subtle eye roll escape and then we finally got to the audition. I ended up being asked to do 10 turns in fourth position on both feet as I made sure not to have sickled feet, then to do a firebird and elbow stand. I knew that Abby's number one pet peeve was sickled feet, I knew I couldn't let that happen. I was feeling pretty confident, until the guy next to me went. Appearently his name was Brady, thanks Miss Abby, now maybe I won't be so awkward around him. When he stepped back I leaned a little closer to him and whispered a quick "nice job." Which he quickly responded with, a little out of breath. "Thanks, you too." I felt a smile come onto my face and quickly payed attention to Miss Abby after she caught us talking.

"Sorry Miss Abby." I spoke loud and clear, knowing that Miss Abby hated mumblers. She just looked to the both of us and continued down the line.

"Worry about the audition, save the chit chatting for later when you're wondering if you got in." I quickly nodded as I bit my bottom lip, looking to the ground, Brady gently tilting up my chin as I smiled.

"Miss Abby doesn't like ground lookers." He teased with a small wink, a small blush coming onto my features and his as we looked to Miss Abby once again.

"Alright, you may go back to your parents while Gianna and I decide who we cut...Nervous?" Everyone quickly nodded at Miss Abby's question, their nerves starting to show through their masks. "Well you should be. Go on." She continued until we were gone and out of the room, the door slamming shut behind a little six year old brunette as the slam startled her. I didn't even notice Brady walking up to me with his water bottle, since I was talking to my mother. A gentle tap on my shoulder got my attention quickly, turning my head around and noticing the male that I stood next to only minutes ago.

"Sorry to interrupt, I just figured I'd introduce myself. I'm Brady Farrar." I smirked as he held out his hand, taking it in my much smaller hand. His hands were calloused badly, but at the same time soft and gentle. I couldn't help but let my cheeks heat up a slight bit as I realized the handshake must've gone on for too long, cause he started staring at me weird.

"Y/N, nice to meet you. What's your specialty?" I asked, trying to make some conversation as I patted the spot next to me, he took the chance to make conversation instantly.

"I can do any style well, but I like to do lyrical most." He spoke, shrugging as he made sure not to slouch too much. I smirked as seemed to grow a little flustered, realizing that I hadn't introduced my mother yet.

"Oh sorry, this is my mom Emma." I spoke as I watched them handshake real quick, Brady introducing himself awkwardly. "And my specialty is lyrical, acro or hip hop. Definitely not tap." I spoke as I snacked on (favorite fruit) while Brady and I talked. We waited for about twenty minutes till Gianna poked her head through the door again, signalling for everyone to come back in, including parents. Brady and I, along with everyone else lined back up in numerical order, parents standing behind us. I took a glance at Brady's mother, she was pretty. No wonder he was easy on the eyes..No! Don't think like that! You're here to dance, not make goo goo eyes! I shook the thought away and focused on Miss Abby as she looked down the line, calling people up one by one.

"Madison, Claire, Ava, Mason, Morgan, Callie, Allison, Shaun..."She continued naming off people until she had half of the people stepping forward, Brady, Pressley and I staying back..but was that a good thing?

"I'm gonna have to say goodbye to all of you today. Thank you for auditioning and keep on dancing." Appearently it was a good thing, Brady, Pressley and I were staying! We had a chance! I immediately got excited, grabbing to both Pressley's hand and Brady's before I could even think.

"Now to the rest of you, don't get too excited yet. That was just a part of the elimination." My joy was gone instantly, we weren't done? We could still be cut? "We can only take in seven dancers. When we are done deciding, we will send out a post on Instagram. You're performance here will be the deciding factor for each and every one of you. Did you mess up? That's on you, everyone gets one chance. Now, go get some rest." I quickly nodded and headed out of the audition, I wasn't gonna try and sugarcoat Abby into choosing me. Like Abby said, my dancing speaks for itself. I packed up my bag, putting my dance shoes back into my bag and slipping on my black and green high tops. Another tap on the shoulder grabbed my attention, looking up quickly before going back to tie my shoes.

"Oh hey Brady. What's up?" I asked as I stood, realizing that the shoes gave me a little lift. He teasingly measured as I pouted and playfully slapped his hand away. He just smiled as he looked down to me, able to feel my mom's stare of 'my baby's got a crush' burning through my skull. Clearly she didn't know my feelings.

"Um, could I have your Snapchat? You seem like a really cool girl/guy, and I'd like to get to know you more." He certainly was smooth. Stop thinking that! I slowly nodded as I unlocked my phone and let him type in his user. I had to remember to not send anything stupid on my story or to him directly. He had me do the same, texting him a quick 'hi' to make sure it really was him.

"So I'll text you later?" I asked, not realizing that a cute guy had just asked for my snap. He quickly nodded as slowly walked away, I could tell how nervous he was when he walked away. My mom teased me about Brady the entire way home, sitting in the back so she couldn't see what I was texting him. It was nothing bad, just discussing dance, but my mom would just tease me anyway. I got in the shower when I got home and changed into a t-shirt and shorts before I went to go and eat dinner. I even told my mom I was going to bed early, but I really stayed up till 2am texting Brady. That was a damn well audition. Brady and I even video called, falling asleep to his voice was the best. He must've hung up after I fell asleep, but safe to say. Best audition ever.