Chapter 24

I hold Myna as Cato knocks on the door. After a minute Dres opens it. Her hair hangs in her face as she smiles at us. "Glad you could make it. Come in." She leads us into the dining room, where the food is already out on the table. The table is so large, about thirty people could sit around it, but only three currently are. Elderflower McClaire, Halozay Steel, and a little boy that looks to be four or five is sitting at the table. So, its not just us like I originally thought. McClaire stands up to greet us. The boy just looks at his lap, his fiery orange curls of hair sitting on his face.

Dres addresses the boy first, making the boy's curls bounce around his face as he looks up. "Clove, Cato, Myna. This is my nephew, Lester." I set Myna down, but she clings to my dress. I smile. Typical for my timid daughter. Halozay turns, and gently steers Lester out of his chair over to us. Lester and Myna just look at each other. Lester looks at his aunt, who points to Myna. Lester looks at Myna, than at the ground and says very very softly, "Wanna go play?"

Myna looks up at me. I nod and gently push her forward. She grabs Lester's hand and nods once. He looks at her face and grins a toothy grin. He's missing his two front teeth and his purple eyes sparkle as he leads Myna to another room. Halozay says, after we watch them go, "Well? Shall we eat?" Cato nods and we all head to the head of the table, where the food is. I sit by my husband and McClaire and Dres sit across from us, next to each other. Halozay sits at the head of the table.

Before we eat, McClaire looks at Dres and says, "Do you want to tell them? Or do you want me to?"

Dres giggles. She must be immensely happy or high because that is totally unlike her. "I want to." She beams at the both of us announcing, "Elderflower and I are getting married." I smile back as Cato says, "Congratulations! When did you ask her McClaire?" Dres and Elderflower are looking at each other, pure joy on their faces as he responds, "Last night." I ask, "When's the wedding?" Dres answers, "The end of this week, so four days." My eyes grow wide. "Four... days??" I ask, astonished. Cato says nothing, but his eyes are as large as mine. McClaire looks at Dres and smiles. We didn't want to wait." Obviously. He looks back at us. "You both will come right? Lester is going to be our ring carrier," McClaire looks at Halozay before continuing, "Steel is my best man, and we want Myna to be one of our eight flower girls." I look at Cato, silently letting him answer. He nods, "Wouldn't miss it." Dres beams very widely, she's really pretty when she smiles, and starts to pass the food around the table.

___________________________

1. Is anyone ready for some action??

2. The next part will be longer!!!

3. 5 or more comments on this story before I continue!!!

-CFF