Chapter 7: August 15 pt.3

ENJOY ! (:

"What are you going to do?" Scott says wearily beside me.

After my whole rant of telling him about what I saw.We were lying on our backs, gazing at the clutter of random photos posted on Scott's ceiling above his bed.

" I don't know-I mean I am going to go back home" The images of my mother kept flashing back in my head and I try to distract myself with Scott's photos.

" You still love your mom right?"

" Of course I do, it's just...I don't know how to react. I mean how would you react if you saw your mom with another woman instead of your father." I turn the tables.

" I wouldn't care, as long as she is happy then I'm happy. Athena look, I'm sure your mom didn't want you to find out this way and I'm certain she is sitting at home worried sick about you. Go home" Scott says softly after getting up to look down at me.

" Are you kicking me out?" I crease my eyebrows in confusion as I find a picture of one of the rippers, Tommy. What the?

" No, I'm simply sending you home to talk with your mother. Now go." Scott dismisses me eagerly as he pushes against my shoulders.

But my eyes are still focused on the photo he had of Tommy. I was focused because it was a photo of him and Scott, with one of their arms wrapped around the others and smiling for the camera.

Scott looked relatively younger in a white tank top and Tommy in a grey one. They looked happy, like they knew each other...well.

Confusion filled my mind even more when I see that the background of the photo-although auburn, showed the school's gym. This meant that Scott and Tommy were once close during sometime of their college life.

"Athena?" Scott's voice cuts through my thoughts and I blink rapidly to try and clear the fuzzy mess in my head.

Scott was once friends with Tommy?

Why did I not know this?

Shrugging away the thought, I know I don't want to go home just yet. My mind was still racing and I'm beginning to feel dizzy.

"Luke was reading a book today." I say stalling.

" Stop stereotyping Athena, It's not healthy." Scott says quietly as he props his hands behind his head, laying next to me.

"What? But this is Luke Istvan we're talking about. He doesn't read, He screws and that's all he's good for."

" You know when I asked you to look into him, I didn't mean to use your perspective when doing so. Have an open mind and try to get to know the real him. Not the one that's painted in your head."

" Not just mine. It's in everyones' head." I retort.

" It sure is." Scott says more to himself than directed to me.

" Are you catching feelings there?" I tease, pinching at his cheeks. Scott instantly squirms away stilling my hands.

" I'm not all concrete. Anyways, did you atleast talk to him in a civilised manner?" Scott tugs at my hand that he still had in his grip, looking down at me. His green emerald eyes staring deep into mine. It had caught me by surprise how green his eyes were, it reminded me of dry autumn leaves during a sunset and sundown. The various shades of green and orange and yellow, reflecting against the sun. Setting a welcoming and homely feeling inside me.

His eyes are beautiful. The feeling of autumn leaves is becoming real, making me lose my breath by imagining the breathtaking scene. I was hyper-aware that my eyes are still locked on Scott's. He hasn't looked away. Why? Why have I not looked away? My body becomes hyper sensitive to touch. I can feel the heat and muscle from Scott's jean clad thighs. I can feel his breath fan over my face. My body is running erratically, my heart is threatening to pounce out my chest and my limbs stiffen.