10

"Whose this" I ask, my eyes never leaving the redhead infront of me.

"Kai, this is Katy, my girlfriend"

My head starts spinning. The only reason we moved here for was for her. How could he move on. I couldn't.

She flashes a fake smile my way, each tooth polished and white. Her red lips glimmering, tan skin shining.

"dad" my voice breaks and cracks. My head instinctively starts shaking. I'm denying what I'm seeing.

I grab my keys and slip on my shoes again, grabbing my purse and running out the front door.

Tears slip out of my eyes once again. I roughly pull my packet of cigarettes out and light one, bringing it to my lips and trying to relax myself.

My phone vibrates in the back of my pocket, eventually my ringtone cuts in.

I pick up, speaking a soft "hello"

"Kai? Are you okay?" gilinskys voice is soft and caring.

"Yeah" I smile at myself. Even though I'm crying.

"Do you want to get a coffee" he asks, gently.

"Okay"I smile.

"I'll come pick you up. Where?" Gilinskys voice is caring.

"Can you pick me up by the gas station at the end of Rinc Street?" I ask, my fingers grasping the hem of my sweater.

"I'll be there" he says before my phone goes black.

I drop my purse on the sidewalk and take a seat beside it. I ruffle my hair, the messy-ness is revolting.

A black truck stops beside me, Gilinsky hops out and comes to my side, opening the door and grabbing my hand, helping me in the car.