Chapter 6

"Come on Lou, don't leave me, u can't leave me." That's all I could hear Dylan whispering over and over again. I opened my eyes and could see that he was standing in a hallway looking through some kind of window. There were silent tears running down his face and he had no colour left in his face apart from the black rings which made him look much older than 20. Whatever it was that he was looking at must be torturing him, which means they must be doing something to me. I'm too scared to look through the window, too scared to know the truth.

Someone shouts in the distance, it's muffled but it sounds like they shouted "clear". This confuses me, it felt like the word was suppose to have so much meaning, yet it wouldn't click. I couldn't remember. I was mid thought when it felt like I had just been electrocuted. I screamed out and shrunk to the floor next to Dylan. The pain only lasted a minute if that, but yet felt like so much longer. I waited on the floor a couple of seconds trying to get my breath back before I even attempted to get up. As soon as I felt like I was strong enough I slowly got back up and lent against the wall.

Dylan was still standing there. Still repeating the same words over and over. I reached out for him an put my hand on his arm when the pain hit again. But this time I wasn't the only one who felt it. Dylan cursed out and rubbed his arm exactly where my hand had been only seconds before. I was back on the floor again, trying once again to regain my breath. I looked up at Dylan and saw him looking closely at his arm. He must have felt it as well, but how?

That's when I realised, it had to be something going on through that window. It was the only thing that made sense, I pulled myself up on shaky legs and turned towards the window. It's too bright to see at first, but my eyes slowly adjust and everything starts to come clear. The room on the other side of the glass was full of doctors and nurses running around. It was chaotic, but I finally realised what was going on. It all made sense now, I really was dead and all them doctors and nurses were trying to resuscitate me and by the look of it, it wasn't working....