6 - Meeting Up

"Mmm..." you moaned as your consciousness came back to you. Your eyes fluttered open and took a moment to adjust to the lighting around you.
Sitting up, the blinds held most of the light outside, although sunlight did enter your room at the base of the window, the only opening your blinds had. You rubbed your eyes. "What time is it..." you grumbled to yourself.

You tried to find your phone until you noticed Diarmuid, with arms crossed on your bed, asleep with his head sideways, leaning on his arms. He was in a deep slumber, and you appreciated some moments of watching his peaceful sleep. Soft breaths were heard from him, his eyes gently closed as his eyebrows relaxed. Your hand went out to touch one of his, however halfway there, you remembered you couldn't. Sighing, you got out of your bed from the opposite side from where Diarmuid was, letting him sleep.
"He's going to kill me one day..." you said to yourself. You then admitted, "Too cute."

Nik barged into your room as you were going to go to your closet.
"WAAAAKE—"
"Shut up you stupid cunt!" You half yelled.
"Why?"
"Just..." you put your index finger to your lips, and he looked at you, confused. "Can you leave?"
"Why?" He asked again.
"Are you a pervert? Can I change in peace?"
"Ew, I don't want to see your unthiccness. It's going to ruin my eyes."
"Or you could just say that WE'RE BEST FRIENDS AND IT'S WEIRD SEEING EACH OTHER NAKED. GET OUT." You yelled at the end.
"Jesus Christ, calm down, I'm leaving. See? I'm closing the door—"
You closed the door forcefully on him, and sighed of relief. You then remembered Diarmuid. 'Crap.'
His head jolted up, his eyes widened with surprise, then went back to squinting to adjust his eyes to the lighting. "y/n? Are you okay?" He managed with his deep voice a little scratchy from his tiredness while he rubbed his eyes.
"Y-Yes, I'm okay, I'm sorry for waking you. If you want to go back to sleep, it's fine." You cursed him in your mind. 'Damn you for being so adorable and hot at the same time. It's already killing me.'
"No... I'm okay. It was about time I wake up anyways." He stood up, stretching.

You never really paid attention, but his clothing was mostly the same as usual, and it was attractive as fuck.
A loosened dark green shirt with black adidas pants with green stripes on its side, a silver chain around his neck that went into his shirt and a green bracelet with a yellow rose in the middle of it around his wrist took your attention as well.
As he stretched, the sight of his muscled chest was visible to your eyes and you slightly blushed.
He came up to you, smiled and pecked a quick kiss on your forehead before canceling his spell. "Good morning, by the way."
"Heh, good morning." Your goofy smile appeared, without even wanting to.

~✨~✨~✨~✨~✨~✨~

"You've got to be kidding me." Nik said to himself as he looked at the message he received on his phone.
You simply gazed at him across the table, and he answered your question you had in your head.
"A friend of mine came to visit me, that came to visit YOU, here in Ireland. Jesus Christ, he's so fucking dumb." He sighed of desperation.
"Why don't you go meet with him? Spend the night together and have a boys night? There's a hotel in the city, I can send you the address if you'd like." He was opening his mouth until you spoke first. "I'll be fine. I know you came to visit me, but your friend is here for you, so go have fun."
"Are you sure?" He looked at you, slightly sad.
"100%. I have so many animes to catch up on anyways, I won't be bored." You stuck your tongue out in a teasing way and you both chuckled.
"Alright, I'll go take my stuff and meet him at the airport, you good with that?"
You nodded, and 10 minutes later he was out of the apartment.

"You can come out now." You said aloud.
"That is very un-gentleman-like, leaving the person you came to visit for another person. Especially if it's a woman that you're leaving behind." The blue haired Servant shook his head in disappointment when he materialized into the area. "Did you plan that? The 'friend' he was talking about visiting him?"
You sighed. "Yes, it was easy enough. Since he never is letting me off his love radar, I told him I'd go out on a date for him one night if he comes and distract Nik for a couple of days over here. Never mind that. Let me go get him." You told Cú before going into your room where Diarmuid was. The Doggo-like man nodded, looking around to see what he can do while waiting, and decided to sit on the couch. He looked at his wrist, and took off the bracelet he was wearing, putting it in his pocket.
When you entered your room, you gazed at where Diarmuid once was, and a slight panic infiltrated your body when you couldn't see him. "Diarmuid?" You tried calling out.

No answer.

"Diarmuid..? Can you-"
"-right here." He said, as if finishing a sentence.
You gasped in fear, surprised by his sudden appearance beside you.
"You scared me..." You sighed.
"I'm sorry. But I was repeatedly saying that I was right here. Seemed like you couldn't see me for a moment." He gazed at you worriedly.
"Cú, get in here!" You said loud enough for him to hear from the living room.
"Wow, you're inviting me into your room? I'm honored, sweetheart." You felt the smirk from across the wall. When he entered, you saw his eyes squint. "What is that?"
You followed his gaze, and it stopped at Diarmuid. You saw the ghostly man in shock, looking at Cú back. "... Cú?"
"... Missy, did you say my name?"
"No, Diarmuid did."
"So that mass of energy swirling in my vision right now is Diarmuid?"
"If it appears so to your eyes, yes."
"And that whisper calling my name was his voice, not yours."
Hope flickered in your heart. "Yes, it is."

"Wait, so to him, I'm just... some sparks of energy swirling in midair?"
Cú nodded, and Diarmuid's eyes widened. "And he can hear me?"
"I can, you dungus." Cú sighed.
"Okay, yeah, he really can hear me." Diarmuid scoffed out of slight joy. "How?"
Cú inhaled and closed his eyes, then opened them a few moments after.
"Diarmuid, do you remember when you were a Servant, and when you sensed another Servant nearby, an energy shot your body with adrenaline, notifying you of them?"
"Yes...?" He answered, unsure of what the other man was going with.
"Imagine that feeling, that sensation of energy, outside of your body, condensing itself and being visible. That's what I see right now."

You gazed back and forth at both of the Irish men in your room and you had mixed emotions in your head. Was it happiness that Cú could, at least in a way, sense Diarmuid's presence? Or was it the dread that consumed you knowing that only that may not be enough to do anything.
"Ah! Wait a minute, I have an idea." Cú blurted out and put his hand into his front pocket, taking out the bracelet he took off minutes ago.
"You still have it..." Diarmuid smiled.
"Of course I do. Why would I ever throw it away."
"How about Fionn and Scathach?"
"Scathach modified it so she can wear it around her ankle, and Fionn puts it on his spear that he always carries around. Since he's always that proud of a soldier." Cú smirked as he put on the bracelet.

You finally noticed it. The bracelet Cú was putting on was one of a blue color, with little details, like runes, around the red flower in the middle. It seemed as if it matched the one Diarmuid has, who was green with red and dark yellow symbols surrounding a yellow flower in the middle.
As the shopkeeper strapped it around his left wrist, his eyes widened and a smile grew on his enlightened face.
"Man, you look like shit."

Both of them laughed and you stood there, confused. "You can see him now??" You asked in haste.
"My little idea was correct. If you have something connecting yourself with him, you can see him. This bracelet, which was made by us Celtic Servant friends months after the Grail self-destructed, connects me with him. It has history with him. There's still some energies swirling here and there, but less than before, since I can actually see him physically, although barely."
You smiled and looked at Diarmuid. He had a joyful look onto his face and it made you even more happy.
"I'm glad to be able to see, and talk to you, again, old friend." The ghost nodded.
Cú replied with a smirk, and he gazed at you. "The main question bothering my head right now is... Missy, how do you have any connection with Diarmuid?"
You blushed. "I don't... I come from America, and came here to restart my life over, a fresh start."

The blue haired man pondered, and shrugged. "For now, I'll blame fate for that. Diar, I need to analyze you as much as I can so I can figure out what the hell is making you a ghost."

"Please, do the honors. I'm-- We're all curious as to why I'm like this, and what killed me in the first place."