Chapter 9: Miles.

The first week of training passed uneventfully. Miles found himself getting fitter from the training and noticed a slight difference between Theo’s and Shailene’s relationship. At first, he attributed it to the fact that they both have been spending more than 8 hours a day, training together. However, things became a little different after the first few days. Theo and Shailene stopped joining the rest of the crew during lunch and dinner breaks and even other breaks in between. They would grab their own lunch and go to their little corner for the meal. The only times when people are with them is when people joined them. Theo and Shailene rarely made the move to join anybody else.

After those first few days, things became even more different. He noticed the way they both looked at each other. The way Theo smiled at Shailene was different from the way he ever smiled at anybody. It was as if Theo just wanted to pull her close and claim possession of her to the world. The way Shailene looked at Theo needed no description. She did like him, maybe even more.

“Hey Miles!” Shailene greeted him on training during the first day of their second week.

“Hey there, haven’t heard from you for a while.” Miles replied, putting his arms around her shoulders.

“Sorry, I had been busy.” Shailene replied. Then through the doors came Theo. He looked around the studio and saw Shailene. He immediately walked over towards them. Shailene then pulled herself away from Miles’s shoulders and half ran, half skipped towards Theo, much to Miles’s bewilderment. Are the two of them already going out? He wondered.

Theo waved at Shailene and the both of them then headed towards their part of the training facility at the studio, Shailene totally oblivious to the conversation she was having with Miles. Theo gave him a nod of the head and Miles returned it.

If something was going on, he hoped things are going well. He had been hearing rumours about how Theo James had ended things with his previous girlfriend and right at the moment, he does not seemed like the guy Miles would want Shailene to be dating.