Chapter 15: Maybe.

Miles, Ansel and the rest of the crew from divergent came to visit Shailene right after they got the news that she was admitted. Those who could not make their way down sent their well wishes through texts and emails. They stayed for hours and it was only until the nurse nursing Shailene came in and shoo them all out of the room did they start to leave.

"Rest well, I want to see you for training on Monday!" Abrams reminded Shailene before he left, leaving the rest of the crew amused. Shailene thanked everyone for coming as they headed to the door.

"Theo, you coming?" Miles asked, noticing Theo still sitting comfortably on the sofa. Shailene looked at Theo uncomfortably. Was he planning to stay? She wondered.

"Oh...that." Theo stood up and shifted uncomfortably, "I...well..." Shailene knew Theo was caught off guard. She was grateful to him for rushing over the instant she called and would very much love the idea of him staying over with her for the night, but what would they tell Miles? The rest of the crew stood at the door, waiting for Theo.

"Bye Shai." Theo said, walking over and giving her a kiss on the forehead. "See you."

Shailene could not hide her feelings of disappointment. She was looking forward to Theo staying for the night. Maybe him rushing down did not mean anything significant. Maybe, as he had told her two days at the springs, that she was just a friend to him. She managed a smile and waved Theo goodbye as he joined the rest of the crew.

"Many friends you have there." Nurse Sharon commented as she came in to take Shailene's temperature and to tuck her to bed.

"Still 40 degrees. I'm afraid I'll have to disturb you a few times throughout the night." Nurse Sharon said.

Shailene nodded in agreement. She felt that she was getting better, much better than she had felt when she called Theo four hours ago.

"Rest." Nurse Sharon instructed as she flicked the lights switch off.

Shailene lied in bed staring at the dark ceiling as her thoughts drifted to Theo. What he had told her that day had broke her and she still carries it with her till today. Sensitive, vulnerable and handsome Theo had just told her that all the efforts he had been putting in for them was just for the movie - something she refused to believe. Why then had he rushed down today after receiving her phone call? Why then had he tried so hard to reconcile the relationship after the incident at the springs? Was it all for the movie?

"Shai." Someone whispered and Shailene bolted upright. She wondered who it could be. She had not hear the doors of her hospital room open.

"It's me." Theo said, reaching out to hold her hand. Shailene smiled to herself, hoping Theo could not see the way she was beaming to herself in the dark.

"Rest alright? I'll stay with you tonight." Theo whispered in the dark. Shailene nodded, then realizing that Theo could not see her, she replied an ok.

Theo reached out his hands and stroke her cheeks.

"Goodnight." Theo greeted and he headed over to sit on the chair.

Shailene felt blissful, compared to the previous night where half of it was spent in tears. She smiled to herself and feeling the fatigue of the fever rush through her, she slowly drifted off to sleep.