IV. Sure?

This is not what George had planned. He just wanted to have a civil conversation with his room-mate and that's all. However, whenever he talked to that boy his feelings always got the worst of him. Somehow Will made his emotions fuzzy, he could never control them around the brunette and he had no explanation as to why.

George obviously didn't want him gone, he more than enjoyed Will's company, he just didn't know how to correct some mistakes without being vocal about them. Not like the other boy was any better at that - or apologizing for that matter - but the dirty blonde couldn't help but blame himself a little. He knew deep down that he shouldn't have approached the situation at hand like he did.

"Why are you like this?" He asked himself that night before he disappeared in the depths of his bedroom and fell into dreamless sleep.

~
The next morning/afternoon - depends on the perspective- George found his brooding roommate in the kitchen, laptop on the counter, wrists laying on each side of the Mac product. Switching between various, colourful pages, Will didn't even try to hide what he was looking at - more like he strikingly displayed them on purpose for George to see.

"Are you seriously looking for a new apartment already?" The dirty blonde huffed with crossed arms when he managed to catch a glimpse of Will's screen.

A moving company's website along with a roommate finder was open, the tabs changing every few seconds as the brunette acted to be thoroughly interested in either case.

"Obviously." Will mumbled and made no effort to sneak a peek of the other boy no matter how much he'd have loved to see the look on George's face as he himself shrugged his shoulders.

"Alright." George said in the same flat tone after he'd picked up a peach juice box to retrieve to his room.

If Will was going to play that game then so was he.

From the shuffling and glass clinking against the wooden counter the Geordie boy wasn't able to stay focused on his play and couldn't resist to look up at the younger man. He knew George was almost as -if not more- stubborn as him but he didn't actually believe that the dirty blonde wanted him gone.

"Really? That's it? I can pack my things and leave?" The green-eyed boy challenged with crossed arms.

His eyes met George's, who was preparing a sandwich in the meantime, with a hint of determination laced with underlying worry.

What if this really was the end of their friendship? Will never thought this possibility through - not until now. And as the seconds passed in silence, two pairs of eyes blinking at one another from a respective distance, his normally almost never present or existent anxious side was starting to show.

"No." George wet his lips slowly then cleared his throat in an attempt to get a steadier tone, the silence finally broken. "I-, you mean more than - I mean, I wouldn't let you escape that easily."

George couldn't let the other boy think that their friendship was only worth this much to him, he just didn't know how to phrase his thoughts aloud correctly without sounding too sappy or cold. There was no in between really.

"Not until I teach you how to do the washing up. Plus we hadn't even paid rent yet." He added a joke as an afterthought, turning to bend over and place his butter knife in the dishwasher.

The two exchanged a small smile when he rose back up, a plan already in the making in George's head which was soon adjusted by the other side of the duo.

"Oh yeah?" Will shut his laptop with a gentle movement, his happiness from the inside flashing through in the form of a grin.

George's awkwardness was adorable really. But hey, at least Will's fears were baseless.