X. Pressure There But Not Desperate

To say George's little breakdown didn't cause any sleepless nights for both boys would be a lie. The dirty blonde himself calculated every decision of his to find out how he managed to end up in this state.

In love with his room-mate.

And as for Will he just couldn't figure the younger out. George seemed fine for him before so what changed? Too afraid to ask, the brunette only circled around the topic, he never straight up brought up the incident. Since George acted just the same - he figured there was no point in avoiding the other boy- Will's own normal bluntness was gone just like that.

Everything remained the same until one morning.

Will sat at the kitchen table spoonfuls of cereal consumed slowly as he scrolled through his DMs on all sorts of social media platforms. George was not up yet so he tried to be as quiet as possible with his breakfast, he didn't dare make coffee with that ear-splittingly loud machine they owned.

Boring, boring, don't care, wow, ok? Will thought as he swiped away eyes stuck on a message that stood out from his usual groupchats and occasional fan mail. An old friend of his from Newcastle asked him to promote the mini-golf place he transfered to and currently worked at in London. He offered him two free tickets in exchange of a couple of Insta story posts, quoting the great times the two shared back in the old course at home.

The faint creak of parquetry made Will raise his gaze, he caught a glimpse of a small figure nearing him. George's steps were cautious, slim figure hidden underneath an oversized jumper, the sleeves perfect to cover his mouth as he yawned so big his eyes squinted.

"Mornin'." The dirty blonde mumbled heading straight for the coffee machine.

Will followed him with his eyes, Calvin Klein waistband noted before he focused back on his phone screen. "Good morning to you too."

Only a grunt was the response from the sleepy boy's direction, he often communicated like that in the early morning hours. Will chuckled at the sound as he typed out a reply to his mate asking for the time and date of the mentioned proposal.

He was so going to take George.

George got on his tiptoes in the meantime with a quick glance at his friend, retrieving two mugs from the top shelf with difficulty. He didn't need to ask if Will wanted some 'dirt water' himself, the blue-eyed boy knew why the elder didn't already have a cup before him.

Preparing the same meal for himself, George took everything out that was necessary for their beverages - milk, sugar, creamer- he got Will's 'order' memorized by heart.

Cheerios soaked in milk, he placed his bowl along with the two mugs on the table and flopped down to dig in.

"Did I wake you?" Will didn't know how to approach the question just yet.

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

"No." Baby blues searched honey flavoured loops deep in thought. "The construction workers did."

Will hummed in response finishing his cereal, gaze left on the boy accross from him in contemplation. Said boy whose body was equally present but mind far gone eventually caught his eyes, spoon midway to his mouth.

"What?" George lowered his cutlery and rubbed his left cheek in an attempt to get rid of the smudge that wasn't there. "Is there something on my face?"

Will finally snapped out of it and shook his head, eyes casted down with redness crawling up his neck. "No sorry, I was just thinking."

"About what?" The dirty blonde fished out some more Cheerios a frown atop his lips from their soggy texture.