V. Almost

Binge watching series together became the boys' habit. Every Wednesdays and Fridays they sat down at 8 pm sharp so they could continue the chosen show together, never skipping ahead and watching an episode without the other. This way they managed to create a routine which consisted of divided household chores and other duties that had to be organized to prevent more quarrels.

And that streak hadn't ceased since then. Not until a gloomy day rolled over with gray skies and heavy rain.

"What the hell?" George leaned back in his office chair away from his computer that had made a crashing sound.

His monitor went black and his friend's, Josh's voice turned into statics in his headphones mid-scream, the dirty blonde pushed the device off of him fast so he wouldn't get hearing damage. With the lights also out George had difficulties to find his phone to use as a flashlight, he took his sweet time poking about in the dark room.

"Geooorge!" Came the shout from the other side of his bedroom wall before Will barged in, iPhone in hand.

The brunette almost fell over from how fast he swung the door open and the fact that George's flashlight blinded him momentarily didn't help the situation either.

"Jesus, turn that off!" Will held a hand up to cover his eyes and shone his own light on the floor instead of his flat-mate's face.

George didn't do as he was told but instead rose to his feet and directed his phone at the floor as well so he could see where he was going.

"I'm guessing my PC is not the problem here." He spoke up and pushed past the Geordie to see if any natural light filtered into the livingroom or hallways.

Even though George couldn't see it Will shook his head as he followed him. "Nope. There's most likely a power outage or cut. I just looked out my window and no lights were on in any of the apartments around us that I could see."

"This is not good."

Some streetlights still outlined the furniture in the middle of their flat but every electronic device of theirs was turned off. The clock on both the oven and the microwave displayed midnight sharp, and the other gadgets that were on standby seemed all dead.

Both boys could hear hinges squeaking and parquetry creaking as presumably the other tenants exited their respective apartments to investigate the problem.

"We should also go check out what's happening." Will suggested after George had sent a quick text to Josh that he did not in fact die mid-recording.

Minecraft can be deadly, you know...

"Sure thing."

~

Their landlord summoned a resident meeting to inform all tenants about the news. Apparently the heavy wind tore off a telephone line which caused severe electronic damage so the whole apartment complex was out of electricity for a few hours until the given company could send someone to fix the issue. (physicists pls stop typing, thank you) And in a weather like this even transport was almost impossible let alone messing with cables.

So the boys contemplated whether to go outside and spend time somewhere with Wi-fi or to go back to their flat and stay inside.

"I mean we could visit our favourite power couple." Will suggested as the two sat in the obsidian like kitchen.

George hummed as lightning struck nearby, he could see Will for a second and not just the silhouette of him - which was indeed mysterious but the younger lad preferred it when Will wasn't in the dark, he came to notice.

"Showing up uninvited? That's not my cup of tea. On the contrary, it is yours." He observed aloud, phone clutched in hand, its battery still alive thankfully.