Rainy Days

Rainy days.

I usually love rain days, but today was different. Today was the the after my sister left us and went to college. My heart was broken, I missed her so much.

That feeling when you just miss someone so much it literally is breaking you. And I love my sister a lot, that I'm trying to handle it, but it's hard.

I sighed and walked tovards my bed. I hopped into the sheets and sobbed quietly. My friends are currently on vacation since it's summer, so my only emotional support now is my boyfriend, Isaac. I haven't had the strength to tell him that I'm back to the city because I was so tired of crying.

I looked out the window and decided to surprise him that I'm back. After doing a quick check in the mirror I came to the conclusion that I look like a washed piece of shit. I washed my face and took a long breath.

"I'm visiting Isaac, mom, dad!" I yelled as I went downstairs.

"Have fun!" my mother answered.

My parents were sad too, but they had a busy life working and taking care of stuff at home so they kind of did not have the time to be as devastated as I was. But I know that they felt just as bad as I did.

The rain stopped and I stepped out the street to the smell of wet soil. Soil after rain smells like heaven and so does the air. It's so fresh and cold.

On my way to Isaac's house I started thinking about how should I surprise him. Maybe I should knock on the door and then jump into his arms? Or should I call him from outside and tell him to look out to see me?

Am I being clingy?

But the other thing on my mind was what if I start crying and break down in front of him? I mean, I know he wouldn't judge me, but still.

My heart was beating like crazy when I was only a few minutes from his house. I took out my phone from my pocket and checked myself again just to make sure I look normal, and somehow my face was okay. No red eyes or dry lips. I felt a little better and smiled to miself, I tryed to be positive.

But my smile immediately faded away when I approached his house. I stopped in my tracks when I saw him and another girl, hugging in front of his door. I know I shouldn't have, but I started eavesdropping.

"Thank you for this amazing time we got to spend together" he murmured while hugging her.

"Yeah, me too" the girl said and pulled away "But when are you going to dump her? I did not broke up with my boyfriend just to be kept waiting because you're confused."

"This is not that easy" Isaac said and looked away "I'm afraid she might start crying, and I don't want that."

"Geez, here we go again" she smiled and rolled her eyes "You've already made your decision when we first hooked up on that party you went with her."

I covered my mouth with my hand and tried not to cry. We've been together with Isaac for 3 years now, and the only serious party we went together was months ago. How come I did not notice?

Once I gathered enough courage, I finally approached them, with a bittersweet smile across my face.

"Hey, am I disturbing you guys?" I asked.

"Hazel...." Isaac looked at me with wild eyes "I-"

"I already know what's going on" I said, my voice full with angel, sadness and disappointment.

"That's good" the girl said and turned to look into my eyes.

Her hair was dyed blonde, she had brown eyes and a height similar to mine. She was prettier what I will ever be.

And Isaac, on the other hand, looked perfect next to her. Isaac had ocean blue eyes and chocolate brown hair. He was tall and handsome.

They looked like a perfect match next to each other. For a split second I understood why he chose her over me.

"I just came to Isaac because I'm mentally instabil since my sister left to college" I looked into her eyes, I didnt look away.

"Oh my God, Hazel, I didn't know what you're going through " Isaac started.

"Well of course you didn't, you was too busy cheating on me" I broke my eye contact with her and looked at him "Hope I didn't fucked up you guys' mood with my miserable self."

Isaac wanted to say something but I already started walking away.

"Oh, and one more thing" I turned around again "If it wasn't obvious enough, I'm breaking up with you. So now that we are over, have fun with her. But just to let you know, she might be someone fun to kill time with, but she is not someone loyal like me."

And with that, I walked away from them. My heart broke into a million pieces, tears started flowing down my cheeks. The sky went black again, but I was already in the center of the city by then, far from home. I was crying but I kept staring at the ground as I ran, so nobody could really see the tears.

Feeling depressed and thinking I was overdramatic, I made my way towards one of the city's public house, called Money Honey. Thank God I'm old enough to be served here. They serv you if you're 20 already.

I sat down at one of the boxes in the back, and started staring at the neon signs on the walls. The whole place was pitch black, I could barely see, but honestly, I was thankful for it. The darker the room is, the bigger the chance is that people won't see my crying face.

I zoomed out, and the only thing that made me come back to reality was a small noise that spoke to me.

"Excuse me, can I sit down?"

Hey there!
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, although it's not that good.
English is my second language so I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes!
Taeyong is going to officially appear in the second chapter.