Chapter 8: Mr. Bumblebee

Caroline's P.O.V.

~the next morning~

"Wake up, losers!" Cadence yelled as he pulled the covers off of Abby and I. 

"Ugh! Go away!" I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

THUD! I look to my right and see Abby on the floor. I laugh and head to the bathroom to get ready for our first official day in the Bahamas.

I take a quick shower to help me wake up more. Then, I put on this outfit.

I don't like putting on make-up since I want people to know who I really am and like me, for me

"You finished yet?" Abby asked, banging on the bathroom door.

"Geez, chill your beans," I said smirking, as I opened the door.

She rolls her eyes, "My beans are fine, thank you very much."

After we finally finished getting ready, we met up with the rest of our family and we went downstairs for breakfast.

In the hotel, there's an arrangement of restaurants and shops, so we chose an outdoor breakfast restaurant to eat at. We had to get two tables since we had so many people. But finally, we got settled in at our tables and started to order.

Props to our waitress honestly. As our food started to arrive, I notice a familiar brown haired boy. I couldn't tell if it was Jay or not since he had his back to me.

He was wearing a yellow T-shirt and some black shorts making him look like a bumblebee. I laugh to myself. If this was Jay, I'll definitely be sure to tell him that.

As if he knew someone was staring at him, the figure turned around and his gorgeous hazel eyes met mine.

We both smile at each other, as if to say, Here we meet again. That's when I noticed that he was with his dad, Lucy, and a woman who I assume is his stepmom. They're sitting a couple tables away from us.

Jay catches my eyes once again and imitates someone texting on their phone. I giggle as Lucy gives him a weird look.

I know he means he wants to text me right now, so I take out my phone and see one new text from him.

~text convo~

J- Hello :)
C- hi 😄
J- You've got a big family!
C- ya I do 😅 hey, guess what?
J- what? you're pregnant?
C- NO!!!
J- then what? 😂
C- you see the table of people next to mine?
J- ya, why?
C- they're my family too
J- I- oh wow
C- 😂😂😂
J- dang
C- omg! Lucy's dress is so cute!
J- geez, really feeling the love here
C- oh sorry, Mr. Bumblebee
J- Mr.Bumblebee? Wtf?
C- look at your outfit

I glance up from my phone to see Jay look down at his clothes. He looks confused for a few seconds before realization comes across his face.

He gives me a sheepish smile from across the room and I quietly laugh. Lucky for me, Abby notices me laughing and looks over at Jay. She waves and he waves back. She then turns to me with a smirk on her face.

My face heats up and she laughs, "Jay, huh?" she asked, nudging me.

"Oh, be quiet!"

I then feel my phone vibrate on my lap. I opened it to see another text.

J- you look cute when you blush 😉

That only made me blush ten times harder. Oh god, what kind of effect does this boy have over me? I roll my eyes playfully at him and continue to eat my breakfast. He chuckles at my reaction.

                                     ~a few minutes later~

"Hey, you guys ready to go?" my mom asks from the other table.

There was a chorus of yeses and all our chairs screeched when we got up. I then felt my phone vibrate once again.