A Day Out

"Bruce."

"Hmm?" Bruce rolls over sleepily.

"It's time for breakfast."

"What?" Bruce opens his eyes and checks his watch. "It's 6:00 am."

"You forgot," Natasha says as she climbs out of bed.

"What? What did I forget?"

Bruce sits up and grabs his glasses off the nightstand.

"You forgot that we have our entire day planned. Starting with breakfast."

Bruce gets out of bed. "No. I temporarily forgot. I remember now. I remember that you're leaving in tomorrow morning."

"You're right. So, let's enjoy today. Starting with breakfast provided by Tony's personal chef."

"Okay."

As Bruce heads to the bathroom to clean up, he plants a kiss on Natasha's cheek.

"I love you."

"Love you too, Bruce."

===

"Le petit déjeuner est servi."

"Merci beaucoup, monsieur."

Tony's chef leaves the couple alone at a table in the Avengers' Facility.

"So, do you know where you are going?"

Natasha shakes her head as she takes a bite of her eggs. "No, but apparently Clint is coming too."
"That's good. At least you won't be alone for two and a half months."
She nods again. "Let's not talk about my mission. What's our next activity?"

"A walk in New York City. I made reservations at a nice hole-in-the-wall for lunch. We'll drive to the Tower and park there. Next, we'll walk around the city shopping, talking, whatever you want to do before lunch."

"Sounds fun. Thank you."

Bruce smiles. "How's your meal?"
"It's fantastic. It's a nice change from Thor's leftover Pop-Tarts," Natasha laughs.

Bruce's smile widens as they continue talking.

===

"Just got an update from Nick. 'Meet Barton at Laguardia airport. You will board flight 4223, a direct flight to Nashville, Tennessee. You and Barton will board flight 3578 to London, England. I will meet you and Agent Barton outside the airport for further instruction.'"

"Sounds fun. I bet you two will have fun in Europe," Bruce comments.

Bruce looks at the ground as they walk around NYC. Natasha gently squeezes his hand.

"Bruce, I'll be safe. I'll have Clint as backup and Fury might be there too. Everything will be okay."

Bruce looks up and nods. "We're almost there." He points to a small, glowing sign above a small cafe.

"Is this place new? I've never heard of it."

Bruce nods again. "Opened up a few weeks ago."

Natasha smiles and walks into the building hand in hand with Bruce.

"I think you have a table reserved under the name 'Banner'."

"Yes," the hostess smiles. "Follow me to your table, Dr. Banner."

They follow the young lady to their table next to the window. Natasha takes the seat against the wall and Bruce sits across from her.

"What do ya think? Did I do a good job?" Bruce questions.

"I think so, but you never know. Once, in Russia, I decided to try a new restaurant that looked nice. I took my partner and we both got food poisoning. One night later, we had to go on a stakeout and were caught because we couldn't hold in our vomit."
"That's disgusting."

Natasha laughs. "Yeah, I guess so. It was a fun night though. They tied me to a chair and threatened to pull out my partner's teeth in front of me. I came up with my own plan and untied my hands quick enough to slam his face into my knee. I stood up and swung my chair over his head. Right after that, I threw up. My partner and I laughed about it for the rest of our time in Russia."
Bruce smiles. "Should I be worried about this partner of yours?"
Natasha shakes her head. "Of course not. Although, I do see him once a week for lunch."
"No way."

Natasha nods.

"It was with Clint?"
She nods again.

"Clint got food poisoning? He got sick?"
"This was before he had his kids. He had a weaker immune system. He hadn't been exposed to all of the germs children have."

Bruce chuckles. "I can't believe he got sick."

Natasha nods. "What are you going to get?"
===

"Hey, Natasha? I'm going to stop in this shop to see if they have a bathroom. I'll be right back."

Natasha nods and let's go of Bruce's hand.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Bruce asks the florist.

"Yes, dear?"

"How much for a rose?"
"Three dollars."
Bruce smiles and hands her a five. "Thank you. I don't need the change."

"Have a nice day, sir."
Bruce waves and walks back to Natasha. He takes her hand and hands her the rose.

Natasha smiles. "Thank you, Bruce."

"Anything for you. My aunt used to say every woman needs flowers and a maid. Tony takes care of the cleaning and I will always buy you flowers. I also think the saying is outdated."

Natasha laughs. "And where is your aunt from?"

"Alabama."

"I thought it sounded southern."

Bruce smiles. "Ready to head back?"
Natasha presses a kiss to Bruce's cheek and nods. "I love you."
"I love you too."

Bruce takes Natasha's hand and heads back to the Tower to pick up their car.

===

The first chapter of a, hopefully, long fanfic. I'd like to thank NopiOrfanidou for the inspiration and support. Thanks to everyone else who have supported my other stories. I really enjoy writing about my otp. If anyone has any idea they would like me to write about, please feel free to share it.

As always, love y'all and thank you!! <3