Going Out

"How's it goin', pal?"

"Fine. I'm trying to finish my book if you don't mind."

"Bruce, you've stayed in three rooms for the past month. I'm taking you out."

"No. Tony-."

"I don't want to hear it, Bruce."

Bruce sighs and sets his book down. "Where are we going?"

"The grocery store."

"You're getting me out of the house for chores?"

"Yep. Let's go!"

Bruce follows Tony to a navy blue Audi and gets into the passenger side. Tony drives toward the store while listening to AC/DC and Queen.

Ten minutes later, Bruce notices they've missed their turn.

"Tony? Where are you taking me?"

"I'm taking you out."

"Would Pepper approve?"

"Actually, it was her idea."

Bruce looks at Tony doubtfull but doesn't say anything. Instead, he turns his focus back to the road.

"Snap out of it, buddy. We've arrived," Tony comments after twenty minutes of driving.

"Where are we, Stark?" Bruce asks, looking out the window.

All there is is a large parking lot in front of a rectangular, white building.

"Welcome to the New York Science Conference."

"Tony."

"Yeah?"

"This is such a bad idea."

Tony shrugs and gets out of the car. Bruce sighs and follows behind his friend. As they near the building, Tony takes two VIP passes out of his back pocket. He hands one to Bruce and Bruce puts it around his neck.

"Passes please." A broad-shouldered man asks Bruce and Tony.

They show him their passes and he opens the door for them. "Have a nice time."

Bruce steps in after Tony and is immediately overwhelmed by the number of people in the building.

"This is such a bad idea," Bruce repeats quietly.

===

"Natasha?!"

"I'm fine," she groans as she gets back on her feet.

"You're going to need to get that cleaned and stitched together.

"I know what to do when I'm shot. Thanks, Clint."

"I know. I just don't like seeing you hurt."

Natasha rolls her eyes as she looks at the men at her feet.

"How'd they find us anyway?"
"I have no idea, but we're going to relocate as soon as possible."

Natasha nods as she applies more pressure to the wound in her shoulder.

"We should probably take care of that first."

Natasha nods again and walks to the kitchen where the First-Aid kit is. Sha and Clint clean and stitch together the wound. After they finish, Natasha excuses herself so she can change and gather her things.

As she packs, she picks up her bag and the few clothes she brought. She slips on the cleanest shirt and ties her hair back in a braid. She takes a picture off the nightstand and smiles as she looks at it. The picture is of Bruce and Natasha standing under the stars. Tony took the picture almost a year ago. She sets it in the bag next to the unopened letter Bruce gave her at the airport. She picks up the envelope and stares at it, curious of what it contains. She stuffs it in her jean pocket and begins to pack.