Stung By A Thorn

Clementine

Exhaustion took her body over as she woke up from an unknown slumber. Her head felt groggy as she sat up underneath the soft covers. It took her awhile to figure out where she was, what had happened, and who it happened with. A smile crawled over her lips as she remembered but so did shame. Doing that with Samuele was not her original goal at all!

Her hands covered her face as she shook her head and tried to pull herself together. As she looked around the clean room she saw that Samuele was no where to be found. His white shirt was on the floor so she took it and put it on. She opened the door slowly and poked her head out, making sure no body was around. Her small feet tip toed up and down multiple hallways and into multiple rooms.

She checked in drawers and dressers, underneath beds and behind various pieces of furniture but there was nothing. Her legs and feet began to throb so she decided to stop being a snoop after she checked the last room in front of her. It was huge with double doors so she assumed it was an office of some sort. She pulled them open and stepped into the separated vacuum of space. The room was almost cut off from the rest of the house. Although there were doors leading right into it, the feeling was one of isolation. Her small feet walk around the shiny ground, as she careful opens drawers and pulls on cabinets. Once she reached the huge brown desk in the center of the room, but of course none of the drawers held information she needed except that Samuele's dad was a seriously suspicious dude.

Clementine decided to just leave and began to get up. A loud thump rang when she stubbed her pinky toe on the hard wood desk. She covered her mouth as she sank to her butt and rubbed her foot to relieve the pain. Her eyes drifted under the desk and settled on a thin clear string that resembled a spiders web. For some reason her hand started to slowly grab it and pull. The resistance was unbelievable at first, until it opened a secret compartment. A yellow file fell out beside her titled: Report.

She picked it up and flipped through it. It was filled with classified documents filled with complicated words until she found a sheet in the back with a red mark in bold letters saying: Only Copy. She slipped it out and began to read slowly.

{}

        From the United States Military and Service office of public peace and duty

Private First Class Jay Walker
United States Marine Corps
Regarding the death of Private Hoalt,

                 Citation:

                                   "Private Richard Hoalt won many battles in the war over seas and served his men and country greatly. He met his demise one year ago on the fourth of January at 15:00. According to fellow service members no one saw when or how he died except for one anonymous enemy member who was caught and questioned regarding what he witnessed. He told us that Private Cancio shot the man in the head as he turned away, ripped off his dog tags and threw them 30ft away. An investigation was made and it was concluded that Emanuele Cancio is innocent of all charges. The only evidence was written by Private Richard Holt one night before his recorded death.

{}

Clementine moves the the sheet under the next and continues to read urgently.

{}

Private Richard Lee Hoalt
The 3rd of January 22:01