Chapter 7 The Backpacks

The girls stared in amazement at what they saw in front of them. Shining crystals of blue and purple. Some big, Some small. The girls circled around the cave. All they saw was pure beauty.

"Izzy!" Ashley called. " Come see this!"

Izzy turned around. She walked over, being careful not to damage and crystals under her soft footsteps. She appeared by Ashley in a matter of seconds. Looking down she saw two backpacks.

" Ashley, what's in there?"

" No idea. I'm gunna find out!"

Ashley carefully picked up the purple backpack. She felt it's leather straps. They felt sturdy and soft. She sat down on the rock that the backpacks sat upon. She carefully placed it between her legs. Seeing Izzy eye her, she gave a reassuring look. She moved her hands to the metal clip holding the backpack closed. She opened it. She looked at Izzy with a confused look. Ashley motioned for Izzy to grab the blue backpack and sit next to her. Izzy swiftly grabbed it. She sat down next to Ashley and opened the bag. The girls locked eyes. Two eggs. Each in there corresponding color bags. Izzy and Ashley touched the eggs.

" There warm!" They said in unison.

The girls locked eyes and smiled.

" Hey Izzy?"

" Yeah?"

" I call this one! " Ashley said with a smile as she clutched her purple egg.

Izzy smiled. " I guess I get this one." She lowered her hand and felt the warm blue egg once again.

" Let's see what's inside of these babies. Ashley get the flashlight from my bag."

Ashley reached down and grabbed the black flashlight from Izzys bag and carefully handed it over. Izzy carefully stripped the blue bag away from the egg and shown the flashlight in.

" Ashley, look at this!"

Ashley moved over and looked down in.

" Izzy, are thoes what I think they are?"

" Yeah. I think so. Dragons."

The girls checked Ashleys egg. They were indeed dragon eggs. Close to hatching. The girls desided to stay in the cave until they hatched which appeared to be soon.

" What are you gunna name yours? I'm thinking Sapphire! Sapphire is blue and so isnt she!" Izzy said excitedly as she walked around the room.

" How do you know it's a girl? It could be a boy! " Ashley replied with a smile. She still sat by the eggs.

" Well I hope it's a girl at least. But besides that, what do you wanna name your dragon? " Izzy asked

" Um, how about Amethyst? Its purple! So is she or he!" Ashley said with a smile.

" I can't wait fo-" Izzy stopped as she heard a crack.

She and ashley rushed over to their bags. More cracks appeared as they sat down. Carefully removing the backpacks from there eggs, the girls watched. Slowly ever so slowly did they appear. Little blue and purple spots appearing where the shell had broken off. After what seemed like a hour, the dragons were in the world. As soon as they noticed there human companions, they crawled out of there old egg homes and into the arms of there humans.

" Little Sapphire. Baby girl, welcome to the world." Ashley heard Izzy say as the baby dragon wandered over to her human.

Ashleys attention was diverted by her little purple companion wandering closer to her.

" It's okay, Amethyst. " The dragon ran closer to Ashley upon hearing her newly given name. With dragons in arms the girls looked at each other and smiled.

The girls made there came in the crystal cave. Their sleeping bags along side each other. Dragons in their sleeping bags, nothing could be better they thought.

" Good night Izzy."

" Good night Ashley." With that note, the girls cuddled with there dragons.