'Shipped - Part 4 - Ghost 'Ship

-1-

Crummer Canyon, California 12 October 2025

Eventually, one Senor Martinez from Y'Arriba! zine rings Mum. She lets him come to interview me at our new house in Crummer Canyon, near Los Angeles, the new haunt of the rich and famous.

He tells me that he got my Mum's telephone number from Anthony. That makes me feel good.

Senor Martinez asks me many questions about what I saw on the internet. Of course, I know, that is what an interview is. It's like in Colegio sometimes, when the teacher starts going down the roll and asking everybody many questions about what we are studying. Just like those teachers, Senor Martinez is always writing and writing while I talk. I feel like I'm in the police station.

At the end of all the questions, Senor Martinez says "Thank you very much" and starts to go. 

"Wait a sec," I say. "Can you help me?"

"Help you do what?" Senor Martinez says.

"Help me make people understand that I'm not a "muchacha mala" and let my fans watch my videos again," I say.

"I don't know about that. But I can tell your side of the story," Senor Martinez says.

"OK," I say. "I guess that's good."

Then off he goes. 

I watch the ICT comments and see less and less people are visiting my Frijos Frijoles video page every day. 

I was a shining little star. Now I think I'm becoming a black hole.

I also check "Y'Arriba!" zine every day to see if there is anything about anyone I know, like . . .  me. Every day, there is nothing about me. I read about other Latin stars who are successful. 

I am starting to think that way. They're successful and I'm a flop and a bad girl.

Finally, after six days, I see the cover of "Y'Arriba!" and there I am: antennae, tiara, violeta y rosa, sparkles and all. But the title "stamped" across the photo of me, in bright red ink, gives me a shock: "CAIDITA."  

That means "fallen" and I know I haven't fallen out of anything lately.

I read the whole story, in English. It's terrible!

The story says saying that I was really popular after the Lincoln Park fiesta but now I am becoming unpopular. It says a lot of people believe I am a bad girl. 

Great! Tell everyone that and everyone will start believing it.

Yes, Senor Martinez does tell my side of the story. He says that I say that I was just comparing the boy in my song to a hot tamale and that's why I said he made me feel hot and rubbed my stomach. That's right . . . good.

 BUT HE SAYS NO ONE BELIEVES IT!

I read that in a zine on the ICT and I start to wonder if I believe it . . ..

He says that, watching the video, he thought I looked "as sexy as a 9 year old can."

I burst into tears.

 I ring Anthony.

It is kind of hard to talk and cry at the same time but I struggle and try to get the message out:

"Cheers, cock! Your bessie at Y'Arriba! found my reputation was wounded so he shot it in the head, put it out of its misery and buried it! When millions of people read that, they will be sure I'm a bad girl and no one should watch my videos."