'Shipped - Part 6 - Cast of Characters

Isabelle Simpson  - Mary Elizabeth MacAlistair-Castleton, the New Little Princess

I looked and looked on the internet and couldn't find anyone better than our kid Issy the Wizzy to play the New Little Princess. She's got the look, the dialect and the star quality. She's just a good fit! Only thing missing is the piano playing: she started out wanting to sing "Frozen" for Britain's Got Talent but followed her grandfather into magic.

I was backing away from her because she became 11 in November, 2019 and the New Little Princess story starts at age 9. But, if Frances Gumm (Judy Garland), age 16, could play 12-year- old Dorothy Gale in the Wizard of Oz, why should I begrudge Izzy a mere two years difference from her character? She is short, which helps make her believable, although, as she gets older, she has less and less of the Princess' "stick figure". Why complain that a little girl is growing up? They do that - and we want them to do that. But she won't be 11 forever either . . . 

So, as the New Little Princess would say, Wattpad Studios get in the road!

Rupert William Anthony Friend - Anthony Robertson, the Princess' family's reporter friend

In this story, he does not actually appear except in telephone conversations with the Princess. But at least in our movie he could speak in his natural Oxfordshire accent and not have to put on an American one! In the video above, he speaks naturally.

Andres Arturo Garcia Menendez "Andy Garcia" - Melvin "Mel" Gonzales, Pina Colada Music's Marketing Director

Like Mel, Andy Garcia was born in Cuba to a wealthy family and raised from age 2 in Miami. By taking her from a wannabe singer to a Pina Colada hot property, Mel "made" the Princess. But the Princess is always afraid that, if he did that, he can also "break" her. And he does have a temper . . . !