ch 1 ~ autumn breeze

Here is the first chapter (◠‿◠✿) I hope you enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

"You can't catch me..." Chaeyoung giggled as her boyfriend chased her around the park. Both of them were completely oblivious of their surroundings, as they ran through the autumn trees.

After a few minutes, Chaeyoung was tackled in a hug, and warmth filled her body, despite the chilly autumn weather outside. She giggled and tried to wiggle out, but her boyfriend hugged her tightly from behind, slowly turning her around to face him. She sighed as he gently kneaded through her hair, and embraced him.

"Jaehyun-ah, can we just stay like this forever?" she asked, her voice muffled by his chest. He chuckled, and gently kissed her forehead, "I wish we could. Now let's go inside where it's warmer."

Chaeyoung simply hummed in agreement. He let go of their embrace, but held on to her hand and led her to a café. 

Chaeyoung inhaled the scent of coffee and hot chocolate as they entered the cozy café. As they walked up and waited in line, Chaeyoung jumped up and down in excitement as she realized there was hot chocolate. Jaehyun chuckled at her cuteness.

"I don't understand how you can drink hot chocolate this early, it's not even winter yet." He teased her. Chaeyoung laughed and playfully rolled her eyes, "You say that, but then you drink all of mine."

"What? No... I like my Americano; that's all I need right now," Jaehyun defended himself.

"Uh-huh, sure..." she playfully teased him, "you're not even American-"

"First of all, I lived in America for 4 years, and you don't have to be from America to drink an Americano. I don't see you drinking an 'Australia,'" He responded, mischievously smirking. Chaeyoung shook her head in mock disbelief, as Jaehyun ordered for the both of them and they waited to get their drinks.

"I'll be right back," Jaehyun said, and Chaeyong nodded as she took in her surroundings. It was peaceful, the cozy coffee shop giving off a warm aura. Chaeyoung reminisced on how they first met, at this very café.

---------

"Ma'am, your drinks are ready." Chaeyoung's daze was broken by the statement of the barista. She responded with an energetic, "Thank you!"

She sat down at a table and went on her phone. While busy scrolling through Instagram, she was interrupted by a whistle.

"Hey girl," a random, sketchy, older man called to her, "you look lonely. Want to join me?" He smirked.

"I'm fine, thank you." Chaeyoung firmly stated with a cordial smile which didn't reach her eyes. She was met with the same smirk on the guy's face.

"Come on..." he drawled as he looked her up and down. Chaeyoung abruptly stood up and glared at him.

"I said I was fine. Now leave me alone." She emphasized with a stony expression on her face. The strange man simply chuckled and reached out for her arm. Out of reflex she threw her coffee at him. Some of the hot, freshly brewed Caramel Macchiato spilled on him as he hissed in pain. The man scowled as he walked away, while another figure watched in the distance, in awe of the scene. The few people in the cafe, including the baristas clapped, while Chaeyoung glared at the man as he walked away from her.

All of a sudden, it dawned on her that she was in a public place and she made a huge mess. She apologized to the baristas and gathered some napkins to clean it up. As she was cleaning, another person knelt down and started helping her clean. She muttered a quick thank you without looking at the person who helped her, too preoccupied with cleaning. Once they finished, she sighed in relief, and she looked up to meet dark brown eyes, about a shade darker than the coffee she just spilled. There was a boy, who looked to be about her age, who offered her a shy smile. He has cute dimples, she noted, as she tentatively smiled back.

---------

"Chaeyoung-ah," Jaehyun called with a concerned look, waving his hand in front of her face, "is everything okay?" Chaeyoung broke out of her daze and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, I was just thinking back to when we met," she explained to him, "I was so embarrassed that I did that in public." She laughed in disbelief.

"Well I was awestruck. I was so amazed. I was-" Jaehyun started describing, when he was cut off.

"Haha very funny," she shook her head and lightly laughed.

"No, actually. I was in awe of how you stood up for yourself," he explained sincerely, looking at her like she was his entire world. Chaeyoung blushed, her cheeks as deep red as a rose.

"Thank you," she responded adorably after a minute, holding Jaehyun's hand. She sighed, taking in the beautiful autumn surroundings, wishing she could capture this moment and treasure it forever.

------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this was too cheesy or cringy >.<

I hope you guys have an amazing day!!