ch 5 ~ disagrees

Hello everyone! This chapter will be a bit different because I tried something new. It's a bit angsty at first, but don't worry I made it as fluffy as possible. (◕✿) It's also a bit longer than normal. I hope you like it!

Credits to whoever took the pictures. Thank you to kiwilemon4ever and sunsh1nech1ld97 for helping me think of ideas :)

------------------------------------------------

The door slowly creaked open, and a tired Jaehyun stumbled into the house, He sighed, taking off his shoes and putting his coat on the hook. On the couch, Chaeyoung stirred awake at the sound.

"You're home," she said sleepily, "Oh my, it's past midnight. Come on, let's eat dinner." She slowly got up and made her way to Jaehyun, who pushed past her muttering, "I'm not hungry."

Chaeyoung insisted, "Come on!! You have to eat something!" She reached out for his hand, but he pulled it away. Chaeyoung blinked, confused at his actions.

"Did something happen? Where were you today?" She questioned him as he walked into their room. He simply responded, "Work."

"Thanks for the detail," she muttered sarcastically, "Why can't you give me a better answer? You always come home late and I am tired-"

"No one asked you to wait for me. Also, I changed my mind, I am hungry." He coldly stated.

Chaeyoung looked at him in disbelief, "What do you mean? That's my job as a girlfriend. I just want to make sure you are home safe."

"You don't have to stay up. Where is the food?"

Chaeyoung scoffed at his short response, "That's all you care about? The food? What about me?  I had a stressful day too!!"

Jaehyun nodded, "Welcome to the world of work, where everyone is stressed."

"I don't appreciate your tone. I literally wait for you every single day and I don't even get an answer to where you are! I am so tired from the day, but I wait for you patiently so I can greet you when you come home. It seems like I barely see you these days"

Jaehyun sighed. "It's been crazy at work, you wouldn't understand-"

"What did you just say?"

"It's too complicated for me to explain to you."

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that."

"No, actually, you have no reason to get angry. It's not my fault work runs late sometimes. I don't owe you an explanation! Why can't you just trust me?"

"I trusted you! I just asked a simple question and I didn't even get a proper answer," she gasped, "Are you cheating on me?"

Jaehyun, shocked at her accusation, replied, "What? No!! I would never cheat on you!"

"Then where are you every day? I never have an idea"

"You don't have to know everything about my life!! You're so clingy-"

Chaeyoung started tearing up at his words, "You know I'm insecure about these things. It reminds me how I'm not good enough to be with you and you can find someone better than me and I am so useless and stupid and- and- and-" She started hyperventilating, not being able to finish her sentence. Jaehyun's eyes widened, realizing he went too far, and he stepped forward with his arms stretched out in an effort to comfort her. Chaeyoung staggered back, away from his hands, hurt evident in her eyes.