ch 4 ~ summer lease

Hello guys! I hope you enjoy this chapter! (✿◠‿◠)

Credits to whoever took the picture and made the video.

------------------------------------------------

"Wow~ This house is awesome! Oh my gosh, look at the view!" Chaeyoung exclaimed happily while exploring their summer beach house. She helped Jaehyun carry in their luggage and took off her shoes. Chaeyoung walked into the large living room and stared at the high ceiling.

"It's so open~" she exclaimed as she spun around in circles. Jaehyun walked behind her and caught her waist before she could fall from dizziness.

"Careful." He cautioned, glancing at her amusedly. She giggled and thanked him, as she slowly recovered from spinning around. Jaehyun looked at the side of the living room, which had a window the size of the wall. He opened the door that led to the patio. They both wandered outside on the patio.

"I love this weather," Chaeyoung sighed in content as she soaked in the sun. Jaehyun went back inside the house to grab two folding chairs. Once he came out, she helped him set up the chairs, as they sat, talking about anything and everything. After a while in the silence, Jaehyun's stomach grumbled.

"Let's go inside and make some food," Chaeyoung suggested, as she stood up and stretched. They walked inside the house, absentmindedly closing the door, unaware of the intruder that had entered the home. The unsuspecting couple went about their business, gathering various ingredients around the kitchen.

Chaeyoung reached for the handle of a cabinet only to realize there was a huge cicada on it. She immediately retracted her hand and screamed. Jaehyun, shocked at the sudden scream, dropped the metal plate that was in his hand, and it made a loud, clanging sound with the ground. With this loud noise, the cicada flew from its spot on the cabinet and prompted the two people in the room to slowly turn their heads toward each other. Both immediately realized that they needed to run as fast as possible. They scrambled out of the kitchen, barely dodging the counter and the table. They quickly ran behind the couch in the living room and formulated a plan.

Neither wanted to go onto the battlefield, but finally, Chaeyoung decided she would fight the bug. She looked around the kitchen until her gaze stopped on the weapon of her choice. She went into the living room armed with a broom, dustpan, and determined mindset that she would catch the bug.

She cautiously entered the warzone in their living room, looking both ways to check if the coast was clear. As she scanned the room, her eyes settled on the bug in question. Chaeyoung slowly approached the creature, as quietly as she could. As she was walking, her foot caught on to the carpet, making her trip and plummet onto the couch. She pouted and stared back the cicada who settled on a lamp, its beady eyes seeming to mock her.

All of a sudden, a loud clang could be heard and she turned toward the source of the noise. Jaehyun walked in with a pot on his head, and a rolling pin in his hands, wielding it like a sword. Chaeyoung took one look at him and burst into laughter. Upon further glance, it looked like the cicada was laughing as well.

"What? I'm protecting myself from the monster," Jaehyun defended himself. Chaeyoung was laughing so much she didn't notice the cicada flew away. They had left the kitchen window open, and the cicada was bored with the two strange humans. Jaehyun watched as it made its way outside and immediately ran and closed the window. He celebrated victory over the cicada. Hearing his cheers, Chaeyoung walked into the kitchen.

"Is it gone?" Chaeyoung asked to which Jaehyun nodded. She exhaled a sigh of relief but quickly burst into giggles. Jaehyun tilted his head, confused, and she walked forward and took the pot off his head. Chaeyoung rinsed the pot, claiming his dyed hair contaminated it. Jaehyun, laughing, resumed preparing the ingredients for their dinner. Peace was restored.

------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this silly chapter!

Make sure to stay safe wherever you are!!! (◕‿◕✿)