2. The Disscusion

Author's note: this is my first book! hope you like it!!

2: the discussion

       Everyone sat in an awkward silence, until Jacob and Renesmee enter the living room. When they do enter, they are all cuddled up; her head was buried in his neck, while his eyes were lost in her beautiful brown hair. She never outgrew her curls that matched Charlie’s. I pulled my shield back so Edward could hear when I thought, ‘Go on, and break the silence.’ And he does. He starts off by asking, “Carlisle, do you know what the break up will be this year?” “There will be two of us, two from the Denali coven, two from the Amazon coven, and four nomads.” Carlisle states blankly. “Well, it is the third quarter games. We should have expected that, but if Nessie is chosen I will volunteer for her, as tribute.” Edward says, almost sounding as if were fighting with a voice in his. There was more he wanted to say. I knew it and so did everyone else. “No, Edward. You can’t. It has to be a female, so if she is chosen it will be me. I will volunteer. But, it will be your choice, since you are my husband, who will be my mentor. I think Carlisle is best since he knows the ins and outs, and because I don’t trust another vampire from any other coven to look out for my best interests,” I must state this because everyone knows that Edward can’t, but I can. I am her mother and this is what I have to do! “Bella may we speak in the other room?” Edward asks, being sure not to look me in the face, let alone the eyes. Once were in another room, he grows even more dark, like a cloud of black has entered his body. “Edward? What is it? Please, tell me!” I nearly yell at the end to catch his attention. And I do. “Bella, I can’t. I can’t risk losing you. I have been through that too many times to count. I will not do it!” Now he has raised his voice. I back down realizing what type of pain I have just inflicted. “Edward, I am so sorry, but this is my responsibility. She will not die. I have a plan. I just didn’t know the right time to-,” Before I can finish I am interrupted by Edward. “So say it now.” He says with just a little more life than before in his face. “So, I am thinking that if we can all band together. Each and every one of us that is chosen to go into the arena, we can survive. If we all become allies. We can make the games end. No one wants to lose someone their close to, or even die themselves. We need to talk to Carli-,” “That is a great idea Bella! If only you could have told us before. I will call Tanya. Everyone grab a phone and start calling a vampire!” Carlisle nearly exclaims. I know why, too. He couldn’t bear it if Esme was chosen to go into the area, let alone dies in it. Tanya and the Denali coven agree, but are sure to not let the Volturi in on the plan. Everyone agrees, including the Amazon coven and all of the nomads we know. All that is left in my mind is, ‘What about those nomads we don’t know?’