The Volturi Games

1. The day before

 It has been one hundred years since I was turned into vampire, married my one and only love Edward Cullen, and gave birth to my beautiful baby girl Renesmee. Although, it has only been one year since the last drawing for the Volturi Games. I have been dreading this day since the day I gave birth to Nessie. Although, I have never been chosen all these years, I can never stop feeling Nessie will be picked. Tomorrow will be the day that tells all.

       I walk downstairs. As I come down I am almost immediately swept off my feet by Edward, my Edward. He pulled me into a tight embrace. He started mumbling something about the games, but I cut him off. I kiss him with so much passion, as if this were the last kiss I could ever give him. He returns the favor by adding on to the intensity of the kiss. “Get a room you two,” Emmett joked while pretending to gag. Without breaking the kiss, Edward eased over to the sofa and threw a pillow at Emmett with just enough force to get Emmett to move back, but just a little. I get on to Edward's lap with ease. Then, I break the kiss when Jacob and Nessie come into view. I brush my lips against Edward once more before fully moving back and letting all the thoughts flood my head. “You are such a tease,” Edward playfully responded.

“Good morning, you two.” Edward and I almost simultaneously greet them. Everyone in the room laughed. “Good morning, everyone!” She responded very happily. “Jake and Ness breakfast is ready,” Esme called out to them. “As soon as you two are done eating, we need to have a discussion about the games with the family.” Carlisle said as he walked down the stairs. Before he could finish his sentence Alice and Jasper were on their way down the stairs, but at vampire speed. Alice already knew what Carlisle planned so she had Jasper come with her when she walked down the stairs. That is all thanks to her premonitions.

       When Nessie was done Jake grabbed her plate and put it away for her. He had been finished, but he just sat there dazed at Renesmee. He stared like the moment he imprinted on her. It was like he just did it over again every time he looked at her. Soon enough they both joined us into the living room so we could start the discussion.