6. [][] The Stone in the Orb [][]

Okay, peeps. So, this is where I get to slow the story down a wee bit. So, we're gonna have quite a few chapters before they get to Knowhere I think.

Just some extra adventures I've thought up for the gang and maybe some flash back chapters. We'll see.

Anyways, enjoy!

-----

Peter put the Milano on autopilot, getting up to stretch his legs. First, he went to his quarters to change out of that prison jumpsuit, opting for the Ravagers' signature red leather jacket over a grey t-shirt, jeans, and his boots.

The others had gone quiet a while ago, so next he decided to go check up on them, make sure they weren't getting into too much trouble.

It was a good thing too, because when he found Rocket the little rodent was sat on the floor, humming a jaunty tune as he fiddled with his stuff.

Peter ran towards him, swiping his arm across the air, signaling for him to knock it off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Yo, Ranger Rick! What are you doing? You can't take apart my ship without asking me!" He reached out for the parts he'd stolen. "What is this?"

"Don't touch that," Rocket warned without looking up. "It's a bomb."

"A bomb?!" Peter asked incredulously.

"Yup."

"And you leave it lying around?!"

"I was gonna put it in a box." Rocket shrugged, reaching for some more parts to yank out of the wall of the ship.

Peter held his arms out, his eyes widening, silently saying: what the hell is wrong with you? Out loud, he said, "What's a box gonna do??"

Marisol looked up at Peter and Rocket's arguing. She was sitting with her back against Groot's feet, laying her head on her knees and trying to desperately to stay awake.

Groot was sitting in the chair above her next to Drax. Gamora was perched against the wall across from her.

They'd been drifting through space for a few hours, and since everything had settled down Marisol's stamina was giving way.

The effects of using her powers, even as little an amount as she had used them, in the last thirty-six hours was beginning to kick in; and she was growing very tired very quickly.

But every time she closed her eyes, Marisol could see the images from her nightmare returning. All those strangers.

Those armies going to war. Ronan bringing them all to their knees. And Groot...

Marisol buried her head deeper into herself. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out the image of Groot using the last of his energy to save the rest of them.

There was no way that was going to happen. She wouldn't let it! Marisol only had two friends in the entire galaxy, and she'd be damned if she stood by and let them get hurt! Only she had no idea how to stop it.

She wasn't even sure if it could be stopped. Out of everything Marisol could manage with her powers, her dreams made the least sense to her.

They were chaotic, uncontrollable. Half the time Marisol didn't even know where to begin with figuring out what they meant.

The dreams weren't always so straight forward. Sometimes they were symbolic.

If she dreamt of a raven, it might mean that someone was about to die...or it could also just mean that she'd see a raven at some point in the near future. (Not very likely, as raven's were strictly Terran creatures, but the point still stood.)