Burning Horizon; This Doesn't Feel Right

• Dedicated to Sara Talbot

[AN; A short one for you guys here. If you're wondering why they're going to Majorca and not some other exotic place, it is because Majorca/Mallorca is where I got all my inspiration for writing and is where I developed the plot. If any of you have ever been to Puerto Pollensa, you'll understand how amazing it is there! Thank you and enjoy!:)]

Chapter Four: This Doesn't Feel Right

I pulled my last suitcase into the hall and dropped it onto the monstrosity that was the towering luggage pile by the door.

"We're going to take up the whole hold at this rate!" Esme exclaimed as Rosalie added two more loaded cases. "How much do we even need, it's only a week?"

"I booked three bags a person; it's not like we're breaking the law Esme." Alice danced across the hallway, flicking through the ten accurately faked passports in her hands. "Are we ready yet? The flight is in four hours!"

"Calm down Alice," Jasper said, concentrating his power on his rather unbelievable soul mate. " In four hours."

"That isn't helpful Jasper, we can't miss this flight. Then we would miss our connection and then everything would be ruined." Alice paced back and forth waiting for Edward while Jasper rolled his eyes at her. Emmett sloped in again, scooping up another three bags for the taxi.

"Why is he taking so long with her?" Rosalie hissed.

"Speak of the devils," Emmett murmured, as he disappeared into the dark again. Many nicknames had emerged from different members of the family for my daughter. Little monster, little devil, 'Lochie' and many more Emmett had created much to Renesmee's annoyance.

Edward appeared at the top of the stairs, a sleeping daughter nestled in his arms. Aymie walked behind them, carrying two bulking holdalls in her arms. They looked so full that I feared the zip would fly off at any second releasing what must be her whole wardrobe out onto the floor.

"Finally," I sighed in relief. Turning to head towards the door as Edward came to my side.

"She hadn't packed - at all," Aymie whispered, grinning as she chucked the holdalls into my arms.

Aymie and Renesmee had become strong friends in the last week, not held back by age difference at all. It was not like the friendship Jacob used to have with Nessie, Aymie did not do everything to please her, instead they just seemed to have a natural bond, sometimes it seemed to me that Renesmee looked up to Aymie. Often, I was surprised by the fact that they weren't biological sisters the way they acted around each other. Carlisle had not figured out what caused the fright on Monday and it had not happened since. At the moment, the most convincing theory we'd come up with was shock or growth problems. I still wasn't convinced at all.

"Edward, Bella, Nessie, and Aymie in that one," Carlisle said, waving us towards the large black taxi pulled up on the drive. We headed over, taking care to cross the gravel drive at a normal human pace through the darkness, to the open car doors.

Edward climbed inside the back, supporting Renesmee's sleeping body perfectly. "Just to Vancouver airport please."

I wedged the last rounded holdall into the boot and pressed the door down lightly, it closed with a sharp slam. Edward groaned at the loudness of my actions as I took my place next to him, ignoring his reaction completely.

"What are you boys doing while we're shopping?" I asked in a light tone, fastening my belt humanly as the car's engine started.

"Carlisle hears there are some excellent museums around the city." He smiled at my expression of disbelief.

"We're going to New York, possibly one of the greatest cities in the entire world and you want to look at museums?" I lent my head on his shoulder, watching the flickering lights flash past the window. "That's so typical."