Burning Horizon; Sunshine and Sea, What could go wrong with that?

• Dedicated to Zo

[AN; A positive Chapter for you here! If I ever work out how too, I'll link you to some images of where this would be set. The beach they're on is extremely isolated and away from all the towns on the island. It is a cove sided by cliffs, with tropical plants and tunnels of curved trees leading back to the villa that is set in the trees. It's peaceful and blissful, with scents of flowers and seawater all around.

It's building up guys:')]

Chapter Five: Sunshine and Sea. What Could Go Wrong With That?

"I love that one." Alice grinned as I twirled around and around in front of the full length mirror. The light, silky material flowed out from my waist like a flowing spiral of fire as I spun around and then hung brilliantly below my knees as I came to a halt.

"For once Alice, I totally agree with you." I turned my head to face behind me. "Renesmee?"

Renesmee pulled back the woven curtain of her booth, stepping out in a small, cotton, floral dress. The skirt fell above her knees perfectly and the bodice framed her figure elegantly.

"I love them," Alice stated, admiring her own skin tight aqua evening dress.

"I love them," I agreed.

"That makes three then."

I nearly tripped over my own feet at the voice I knew so well. I spun round and ran over to the doorway.

"You're not meant to be here," I whispered, placing my hands on his shoulders to push him out of the changing rooms.

"Well, I'm not so interested in exploring floodlit baseball and football stadiums." He smiled at my feeble attempt to move him away. "Emmett keeps spotting players and runs off for an autograph. It's so pathetic."

Rosalie snorted a burst of laughter from inside her changing cubicle.

"This is a girl's day Edward; I don't want you to see me trying everything on," I whispered.

"I don't see why not."

I didn't have a good enough reason to argue either; it wasn't like I was trying on a wedding dress, thank god for that! But when he saw my outfits each day, it pleased him. So maybe he would be even happier if he hadn't seen them before. Or maybe, I was a total idiot.

"Have you been following us around?"

"For a while," he admitted guiltlessly.

"Edward." I frowned and then batted my eyelids at him innocently to get my way.

"Alright, alright, I'll go." He held up his hands in surrender, peering around my shoulder, "Need a top up Nessie?"

"I'm good dad." She grinned, dancing back behind the heavy, khaki coloured curtain. "You did give me four thousand pounds to spend! Alice may be excessive, but not that excessive."

"Out!" I demanded, giving him a quick peck on the neck and then on his cool lips.

I'd tried on satins, silks, cottons, velvets, denims; in fact, I don't think there could be anything I couldn't have tried on. My ruffled hair stuck out at odd places from all the taking off and putting on. We had called Jasper three times to come and collect our bags in the car he had 'borrowed' from a car park in a nearby department store , at this rate, Esme was right; we would take up the whole hold, and the whole of the rest of the aeroplane too, leaving no space for any passengers whatsoever.

"Are we done now?" I asked, "It's been really great Alice, but Renesmee's feet are actually going to drop off in a minute."

I turned my head to the side to indicate where Renesmee sat clutching both of her shoeless feet in her hands. Alice tapped in her pin in and pulled out her gold card.