Chapter 3

Quick Authors Note:

Hello I'm the writer of this book, CookieMegan. I hope you're enjoying the book, I put a lot of thought and work into it. It may not have LONG chapters but I say it does contain good things in each chapter! Anyway...I felt like publishing two chapters today because i feel super inspirational. Here is chapter 3 and if you want me to write more books like this or it can have a different plot if you like, make sure to follow me. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3

        A loud creek was heard behind them. The two turned towards the loud sound and gasped in horror. It was a tree! It had been blown by the wind and was falling in their direction! Retriever stood motionless as the tree fell, it was getting closer to his face and time slowed down. He closed his eyes and suddenly felt a force grabbed onto his scuff and the wind blew into his ear as he heard a loud, thud.

        He was suddenly letting go of and Retriever finally opened his eyes. Only to reveal the elderly dog, Dusty panting. He gasped as he saw a big slash on his flank, dripping tiny drops of blood. Did a branch hit him? the young dog thought and finally stood up.

        Dusty looked at his wound and touched it with a paw but flinched back. "Ow. Are you okay kiddo?" he whispered and looked over to Retriever. He nodded.

        "But you aren't!" he said with a shaky voice. Retriever wished the old dog didn't risk his life for him. All he could do is stare at the ground. His ears perked as he heard him chuckle

        "At least you're safe, that's all that matters. I'll be fine the blood will dry up soon." the elder explained and gently nudged Retriever up. "Let's get somewhere safe, and quickly!" Dusty said, making Retriever be able to stand up.

        Retriever helped his friend get under a wooden foundation that was part of the village church. He let Dusty go first since he had been wounded, and they both slipped in and peeked from the cracks the wooden foundation had into the outside world. Dusty was curled up in a ball against the dirt wall, he was snoring very loudly it nearly made Retriever want to get shocked by lightning. But he just accepted it. Soon the young golden retriever fell asleep on his side.

        "Aw Retriever! You're so cute! Who's my boy?!" a feminine voice spoke out of the blue. Retriever was dreaming. This voice got to him and he turned around only to see his owner kneel'd down and gesturing him to go and give her a hug.

        "Clara!" Retriever yelled but to the human it sounded like a bark and not words. As he got closer Clara disappeared in a mist. Another voice spoke out of the blue and Retriever had to turn again only to see his owner and a mirroring of him bark violently at Clara. She was then scolding him.

        "You are such a stupid dog! What is wrong with you!" Clara screamed and tears down her face. "You HAD to chew up my new head set did you! You know i worked hard to pay that and that it cosed $1,000! You're the worst friend ever!" she yelled in anger, her mother watched in horror behind her.

        Mirroring Retriever whimpered at the last words Clara said and ran out. As soon as he left Clara fell on her knees and cries. "What have I done...? " she whispered. 

        "Oh Clara...I'm so sorry. I didn't know, I thought it was from..." his words trailed off. He thought it was from Clara's boyfriend. They had a small relationship but the two cared for each other. He had been a bad boy and always got in trouble. Retriever remembered smelling his clone on the headset for some reason. Suddenly his dream finished and he was nudged by something. His eyes slowly opened only to see Dusty again but his wound seemed to be dried up a bit. 

        "Come on Retriever, we have to travel." Dusty said happily. Retriever looked at the old male confused.

        "W-what do you mean?" he asked sleepily.