🥀 The Demon Kingdom🥀

A/N: Written by Radical-Shadow !! All I did was add gifs!

Current Ruler: King AngelPast Rulers: - King Lucifer- Queen Lilith- King Abraxas- King Azazel- King Baal- King Agramon- King Focalor- Queen Naamah- King Belial- King Sammael- King Asmodeus- King Vrock- King Angel

Current Ruler:
King Angel
Past Rulers:
- King Lucifer
- Queen Lilith
- King Abraxas
- King Azazel
- King Baal
- King Agramon
- King Focalor
- Queen Naamah
- King Belial
- King Sammael
- King Asmodeus
- King Vrock
- King Angel

Current Ruler: King AngelPast Rulers: - King Lucifer- Queen Lilith- King Abraxas- King Azazel- King Baal- King Agramon- King Focalor- Queen Naamah- King Belial- King Sammael- King Asmodeus- King Vrock- King Angel

History with Humans/The Human Realm:
The Demons are perhaps the most ancient of the five kingdoms, having been present since nearly the beginning. There was a very brief period of an non-unified nation, but when King Lucifer came to power as the head of his family, he brought the Demons together.
When the other races first appeared, the Demons would meddle here and there, either to be benevolent or mischievous. A notable example would be when they gifted the Dragons not only magical abilities, but a portal connecting the realm of the Five Kingdoms to the Human Realm. When the Demons fled the Human Realm, Queen Lilith created a permanent portal. To reach the Human Realm from the Demon Kingdom, one must travel to the highest spire in the palace, and light up the quartz 'stars' with hellfire.
While Demons were always feared in the eyes of Humans, that fear rose significantly during the Middle Ages in the Human Realm, when the Church reigned supreme. Most Demons fled the Human Realm by the time the witch trials began, sometimes leaving their children, who were witches, behind. Some Humans still believe that Demons exist, while others think that they are mere myths.
Overall History:
King Lucifer rose to power centuries before the other races evolved. He had been a minor lord, but his ambition lead him to conquer the entire Kingdom. He ruled benevolently for a few millennia, and was perhaps the longest-living demonic royal in history. King Lucifer's eldest child was Queen Lilith, and so she inherited the throne around the time when the kingdom was starting to separate completely from the Human Realm. It was her who ordered that the Demons leave the Human Realm and refrain from returning.
King Azazel, after realizing that the powers of his sons were too strong, near abolished the custom of challenging the reigning king for the throne, instead creating the Igne Iudicii, or Trial by Fire. With the threat of their soul being consumed if King Azazel won, none of his children challenged him, with King Baal only rising to the throne after Azazel's murder in the Human Realm.
Around the time of King Focalor, witch trials were starting to become more common. Having pity on these magical Humans, he opened up portals in the Human Realm, allowing the witches to flee.
It was during the middle of Queen Naamah's reign that a particular witch by the name of Asfolto fled into the kingdom. He created the Judge of Souls, Xiliax Silien, as a way to gain favor from the king. Queen Naamah quickly assigned her to the highest possible court.
King Belial had inherited Lucifer's ambition and love for meddling. In effect, he had Xiliax train to be an assassin, and began to start minor wars between different kingdoms for the fun of it. His reign only ended through the rare Trial of Fire, which King Sammael won.
King Sammael ended the war-starting, and shared resources with the other kingdoms as a way to apologize and make up for the mistakes of his father.
The Kingdom took a huge turn for the worse under the reign of King Vrock. He had been corrupted by a combination of the Claymore of Despair and Dragon spies, causing him to live lavishly while lower-class Demons barely got by. King Vrock, of course, aligned with King Reigner in the most recent war, which only ended with his death at the hands of his son, King Angel, during the Trial by Fire. King Angel ended the war with the help of the newly-crowned King Spiridon, and now works to fix the state his father had left the Kingdom in.

 King Angel ended the war with the help of the newly-crowned King Spiridon, and now works to fix the state his father had left the Kingdom in

Religion:
The Demons are seen as creatures of magical science, and thus have no main religion.
Culture:
Demons are a magical race, as well as a scientific one. The result of this is alchemy, as well as the use of magic to simply better one's life in general. Their culture is filled with the use of both magic and alchemy, although demons mainly utilize either of these things for trickery. Souls are also very valuable for demons, as they are used to determine how powerful a demon is. The more souls one has, the higher social status they maintain.
Types of citizens:
Familiars
Eidolon
Imps
Oni
Kappa
Succubi
Princes of Hell
History of hybrids:
Because of how diverse Demon society is, hybrids are generally accepted as citizens.
Other:
-The Trial by Fire has only taken place twice in history, as even ambitious demon royals don't want to risk losing their soul.
-Contrary to popular belief, demons aren't immortal unless they were born with the ability, or if it was given to them through some sort of spell. They can live to be millennia old, although they can still die from old age.
-Familiars, despite their history, only gain an appearance when they have chosen someone as their master. Otherwise, when they are unbound, they can happily shapeshift like an Eidolon.
-Princes of Hell are the royal class of Demons. A Prince of Hell only becomes one if he, she, or they is/are born into the royal family.

 A Prince of Hell only becomes one if he, she, or they is/are born into the royal family