What to do with Wendy

Ronald McDonald heaved a sigh as he dropped his cigarette and put it out by grinding his foot on the butt. He turned back to the doorway to his house and entered. He made his way to the guest bedroom and tentatively knocked on the door. After not hearing a response he questioned "Wendy? Are you in there?" There was a short lived rustling coming from inside the room, telling Ronald that she was in fact still in the room. This both put Ronald at ease, and frustrated him. He was happy that he had given Wendy a roof because he hated to see hurt kids. On the other hand, she treated him like a woman named Karen would treat a cashier. Finally, she opened the door. Her hair was a mess and it was clear that she'd only woken up a couple minutes ago.

"What do you want, Clown?" She snapped, annoyed at her sleep being cut short. Ronald furrowed his brow and crossed his arms. Her constant sass gets so tiring after a certain amount of time. "Listen, Wendy," Ronald began. Wendy grabbed her phone and started typing as he was talking. "Wendy, put that down and listen to me!" He snatched the phone from her hands and gently placed it on the dresser. "I know you don't like me, and believe me, the feeling is mutual." She nodded her head without making eye contact. "And that's why I'm going to try to find you a new home." She snapped her head to attention. "What? Why? I'm fine here!"

    "Finally you're listening to me! You have to go somewhere else! I thought you'd be happy about this, honestly." Ronald commented. Wendy scoffed and retorted "Yeah? Well, I'm not lovin' this."

Ronald groaned "Just pack your bags with everything you want to take with you. This shouldn't take longer than the better half of today. We're just going to ask around town who's willing to take you in. If you hate them after a couple of days, then I guess you can come back here. But at least try to get adjusted." Wendy grabbed her phone off the dresser, and started to walk out the room. "Whatever, let's try it your way." Ronald smiled with a hint of validation. He protectively took her hand as they made their way into town.

    As they walked, Ronald thought aloud "I think we should start by asking Tony. He already has kids of his own and a wife to help. I'm sure he'll want to adopt you." Wendy yanked her hand from Ronald's so she'd have both of her hands to text. "Hrmmm?" Came a voice from close by. Ronald abruptly turned to face the voice. "Oh... it's you..." He stated as he saw the Chick-fil-a cow behind them. "Dooes Lil Gorl meed soomeoome to mwach her?" Questioned the cow. Ronald started to respond "Uh... That's very kind of you-" "Thanks, no thanks." Wendy interrupted. "I don't even understand what he's saying. Go back to reading your cow Bible or whatever you do."

     "Wendy!" Ronald scolded "I'm sorry about her." He guided her away from the cow as he politely waved goodbye. He wasn't bothered by insults anymore. "Wendy, I know we all hate the cow, but you can't be so rude!" Wendy looked up from her phone for the first time since she's been out "Why not? He probably can't understand me anyway." Ronald failed to suppressed a light chuckle, and just stated "You're probably right. I can't stand that guy." Wendy smirked and continued "Good thing you didn't let him take care of me. I can't even imagine having an animal as a guardian!" They shared a laugh, but Ronald ended the moment by pointing at the house ahead of them and saying "Ah, finally, we're at Tony the Tiger's house!"

   Ronald knocked on the door, and was immediately greeted by the sound of a crying baby. Tony cracked open the door just enough so that he could see Ronald and Wendy. He was rocking his little girl in his paws as he waited for them to initiate the conversation. Ronald cleared his throat and greeted "Good afternoon, Tony. How are you?" "Great." He responded hastily, still not opening the door any further. Tony's reclusiveness caught Ronald off guard. He was usually so extroverted. "Uh-erm... Well, you see, Tony. This little one here." He put his arm around Wendy, who immediately brushed it off of her. "She's getting to be a little too much for me to take care of. So, I thought that since you have experience and a wife you might be able to watch over her!"