Crossfire

"I told you I'd rip the vocal chords out of someone's throat if they tried bothering me!"

"I vould like to see you try glitch bitch!"

Anti and M.M exchanged a look before Anti cautiously poked his head out of the kitchen, Schneeple and Jackie arguing in the living room like they usually did.

"I'm trying to clean up zhe mess already here, just get out of mein vay before things get messier." Schneeple warned sternly, his grip tightening around the broom in his hands.

"I'd like to see you try." Jackie taunted, casually knocking a glass vase over onto the floor with a crash.

Schneeple's hands were already reaching for Jackie's throat as shards of glass flew across the room, Anti tentatively creeping out to try and stop the fighting.

"Guys, trying to stop fights with my kids is hard enough, I don't want to have to deal with you two as well." Anti spoke up, the pair abruptly freezing to glare at him.

"Run back to your kids then! Oh that's right, they probably hate you as much as your bitch of an ex-wife does." Jackie sneered, Anti feeling a rage he didn't know he possessed burning in his veins as his fingers curled into fists at his side.

"Jackie, leave Anti out of zhis!" Schneeple barked sternly, Jackie ignoring the hero as he waltzed over to Anti.

"What are you doing to do? Cry? Drink? Maybe a bit of both? Either way, it won't bring back what you've lost." Jackie hissed, his face inches from Anti's.

"Shut up." Anti muttered coldly, keeping his gaze to the floor to avoid looking into Jackie's cold eyes.

"Your family doesn't care about you, so why should any of us care if you're here or not? You. Are. Nothing ." Jackie snarled, stepping back as Anti closed his eyes and let out a long breath.

"Anti...?" Schneeple trailed off as he watched the ego warily, his eyes widening in shock as Anti's eyes snapped open to reveal pitch black pupils.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" Anti roared furiously, his voice changing pitches as he he shoved Jackie against the wall and punched him repeatedly in the face.

Jackie only laughed as he took the hits, blood coursing down his face as Schneeple struggled to pull Anti away with M.M's help.

"Anti stop, this isn't you!" Schneeple pleaded desperately, M.M holding Anti's arms behind his back as Schneeple stood in front of the angry ego.

"I...I-I..." Anti's voice gradually returned to normal as he fell to his knees onto the wooden floor, his head bowed as all of the anger in him drained away like air out a balloon.

"There you are." Schneep breathed out in relief, kneeling in front of Anti as the latter took several deep ragged breaths to regain his composure.

"I...I don't know what happened, I've never been that angry before." Anti admitted, M.M gently releasing Anti's arms so he could look at the blood staining his hands.

"I need to go." Anti murmured, quickly getting to his feet before striding into the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

Anti ran the water until it turned scorching hot, the ego scrubbing at his hands to get rid of the blood until his skin had turned an angry red hue from being rubbed raw.

Anti heard knocking on the door as he shut off of the water, the ego drying his hands off before cautiously cracking the door open.

Chase was standing outside of the door with a bottle of whiskey and a slight grin, Anti smiling back as he opened the door wider to let Chase in.

"I found this around the house and figured now would be a good time for a drink." Chase grunted as he slid against the wall to sit on the floor, opening the half empty bottle as Anti joined his side.

"Ya know, I don't know why, but Jackie's words really hit a nerve of mine too." Chase murmured through the bottle as he took a swig before passing it to Anti, the latter happily accepting it.

"I also heard what you and M.M were talking about earlier too, and I agree with you. Sometimes, I feel like something's missing no matter how many tricks I try to preform." Chase added, Anti wordlessly drinking for the bottle before Chase snatched it from him.

"Chase...do you think Jackie's done something to me?" Anti questioned, Chase lowering the bottle to look at him.

"He's always doing something to all of us, but your eyes....I've never seen that before." Chase murmured thoughtfully.

"C'mon, you should go rest." Chase advised as he drained the rest of the bottle, standing up before offering his free hand to Anti.

Anti nodded in appreciation as he accepted the help up, the ego trudging off to his room while Chase returned to his with the empty bottle still in hand.

"The hell are you doing in here asshole?"

Anti froze in fear at the sound of Jackie's voice, the ego turning around to see himself standing in the wrong room.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean-I wa just trying to get to my room." Anti stammered, Jackie letting out a low growl as he looked up at the ceiling.

"I...I shouldn't of said what I said. Maybe I'm growing soft, but still. Don't worry about the room thing either, I always find myself in Schneeple's room whenever I let my feet guide me to where I feel like my room is." Jackie grumbled, ignoring Anti's look of surprise.

"Now get outta here before I decide to get revenge." Jackie muttered, Anti hastily retreating from the glitch's room before going into his own.

Anti glanced down the hall to see Robbie still curled up on the couch, the zombie refusing to move no matter what any ego said to him.

He couldn't help but wonder why Robbie was afraid of him as he laid down on his bed, taking his NERF gun and shooting random things in his room until he grew tired and fell asleep.