Chapter One: New Beginnings

I woke to the fealing of someone moving behind me, for a second I didn't remember what happened in the last couple of weeks. I America Singer was now Queen America, Celeste died, my family moved into the house Maxon had gotten them,  and also more important, I was Maxon's. The wedding was only 14 days ago, but the choranation was only yesterday. I was the queen of Illea.

            I was brought back out of my mind when I felt the arms around me pull me against a strong chest.

           "Good morning my dear" Maxon said clearly trying to get a response.

          "I am not your dear," I said with matching his teasing tone.

          "Oh, but you are." Maxon said climbing on top of me. Then he leaned down and kissed me.

          I kissed him back, running my hands through his hair. Five minutes later a knock came on our door.

          "Your majesties, sorry to interrupt but king Maxon is needed in the conference room immediately."

          "Crap. I'll be back later," Maxon said getting up, and dressed. I watched him the whole time wondering how this amazing man had chosen me.

          Maxon came over and kissed me on the lips, the kiss depend and a minute later the gaurd knocked again and said

         "Please sir, it is a urgent matter." Maxon stopped the kiss and mumbled,

         "Stuipid royal duties." And walked out the door.

         I sat there in Maxon's bed for about ten minutes longer, and then moved. Mary, Jenny, and Maria. Maria was a small quiet girl, who was verry timid, where Jenny was a larger loud girl with a southern accent, and was always smiling.

         A pang hit me as I remembered how we still didn't know where Anne was. It killed me to know that she wad either dead, or she had been taken by the southern rebels. Honestly, I was hoping she was dead. I didn't want her to be suffering, I didn't want to dwell on depressing thoughts. Today, I was having a party with all of my friends from the elite