Part Five

"What should we do with him?" I hear as I slowly start to stir, my head feeling all fuzzy.
"What do you mean what do we do with him? Look at his hair, he's an outcast. He's one of us," I hear a beautiful baritone voice say above me and I just couldn't help putting that voice to the face of my red head savior.
"Yes I know that, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about where he would stay. The forest is already overpopulated and there's nowhere to build a new house for him," a woman's voice snapped back, sounding tense.

The man let's out a small sigh before I start feeling his gaze on me, searching me up and down. It felt like I was naked with those eyes on me.
"He can stay with me."
"Mark are you sure?" Mark. Mark. Oh what a beautiful and fitting name to match his beautiful face. I almost swooned at the thought of finally being able to put a name to his face, but of course that would give me away.

"Of course. I've got a lot of room," Mark hummed with a small chuckle. The woman huffed, "Fine. As long as he doesn't cause a problem then I don't mind," she walked off. I stiffened slightly when I heard Mark step closer to me. I could barely contain myself. He was so close, I could smell his beautiful scent. Oh god my cheeks are probably burning. I jump when I feel his hot breath against my ear, the heat from his body engulfing me.

"You can stop pretending that you're asleep now," he purred, making my face turn pale. Mortified, I slowly open my eyes and they immediately lock with the chocolate swirls of his own. God he was so close. I could touch him, feel him, kiss him. It definitely looked like the same thoughts were going through his head. But he gave a gentle smile and pulled back, holding his hand out to me. I stared at it for a moment before slowly sliding my small hand into his lard one. It was rough and callused. He gave my hand a firm squeeze as he pulled me to my feet, quickly holding me up when my knees buckled.

"You were out there pretty long huh? No matter. You made it. And now you're home," Mark spoke gently as he watched me. I finally took a chance to look around me. We were in a small hut made of bamboo, outside all I could see was green. I slowly stepped to the entrance of the hut to find us in the middle of a green, luscious rain forest. There were huts all around me, all made high above the ground in the large threes. My eyes went wide with amazement, my mind barely able to comprehend the beauty of all of it.

"It's a little overwhelming at first, but you'll get used to it. Come, let me take you home," Mark wrapped a firm arm around my waist and gently led me to a bridge that connected to another tree. There were bridges everywhere, making it seem like we never needed to go down to the ground floor. Which seemed a little suspicious. Mark led me through countless trees and I easily got lost. Until I heard what sounded like a large amount of water rushing. We slowly come out of the forest of trees to a huge, beautiful waterfall.
"Oh my God..." I whisper, gently covering my mouth in amazement. Mark gave a small chuckle as he led me to a bridge that seemed to go behind the waterfall. A few drops hit my face before were completely hidden by the water.

I look to my left to find a huge, endless looking cave.
"You live here?" I say in amazement, looking up at my tall, dark and handsome prince.
"Yeah well, I guess being king here makes you have the best living estate," Mark shrugged with a slight blush. My eyes almost pop out of my head. OK, make that king. He smiled and gently led me through the cave that was well lit with torches. The whole cave looked like it had been carved to make more houses and even what was similar to a town square.

"This is basically the castle of this kingdom. But it's also used as a shelter for when the army comes here and search the area." I raise a brow and look at him, "the army comes here?" He gave a small nod, "to try find if any of us survived after being banished. That's why we live in the trees. They always forget to look up. And it's much safer from the predators. But just for an extra safety precaution. Every month when the army comes here. Every villager disguises their houses and come here. There's no way to get here on ground and this way, every villager is safe."