Part Seven

"Are you really sure I can do work in this?" I ask softly. Mark had taken me to his room and given me some clothes that would be the best to fit me. Of course the pants were sagging and the shirt looked like a dress on me.
"Of course! You're not gonna be doing any work today, however we do need to find out what you will be doing," Mark smiled brightly as he looked me up and down. He seemed to be enjoying how small I looked in his clothes.

I blush and nod, smiling shakily, "W-well... I'm not very good at anything except writing and painting," I shrugged. Although I don't think that painting would amount to anything as, in Perfectus, painting was seen as a waste of time. I look up again to see Mark have a very sly grin on his face.
"Painting huh? Last time I remember that dump of a place didn't allow that. Where'd you get the supplies from?" he leaned closer with a smirk, making me stumble over my words.
"O-oh well you see I... I..." He let out a laugh and ruffled my hair.

"Cmon, let's get going," he grabbed my hand again and took me out, taking me back to the huge dining room. We sat down, Mark sitting at the head of the table of course. Soon a young woman came in with lovely pink hair mixed with her blond hair.
"Amy, are there any opening jobs for a writer or artist?" Mark hummed. My eyes go wide at that, staring with anticipation. I didn't really like writing at all, I was just good at it. What I was really interested in was the artists job. Amy hummed snd looked through a clipboard, "no writing jobs it's seems but... The royal painter just quit."
"Wonderful! Jack, you shall be my new painter! You'll be working for me," Mark looked up with a bright smile.

My eyes light up as I stand up, "yes!" the two look up with surprise, making me blush and sit down quickly.
"I-I mean yes... I'd love to be your painter," I smile, trying not to squeal in delight.
"Wonderful! We shall set up your art room and get fresh supplies for you in a week," Mark grinned happily, looking at me with pride. I nod and stand up, quickly bowing, "thank you so much your highness, I won't let you down." the two of them let out a small snicker at me and nodded. Amy leaned closer and whispered something in Mark's ear, smiling up at me. Mark seemed to think for a bit before smirking whispering something back.

I frown and sit down, trying to listen in but can't make anything out. We're they together or something? No probably not. The two lean away finally ans Mark smiles at me.
"Well now that that's settled, I suppose you can go back to your room and relax for a week. I'll be giving you a bunch of commissions that you can brainstorm on during the week, sound good?" I bite my lip and nod with a bright smile, "thank you again your highness," I quickly scurry away, my heart and mind racing with my own ideas.

I don't even notice until it's too late as I bump into a guard, making me fall.
"Hey there, watch where you're going," the man chuckled snd helped me up. I look up at the man with black hair and red eyes and almost Grey skin. He looked very similar to Mark now that I looked properly.
"O-oh, sorry..." I blush, shrinking down slightly.
"No harm done, just remember to keep your cute little head up next time," the man lifted my chin up and winked before ushering me along. I glance back with confusion but shrug it off, quickly going back to my room.

I flop onto my bed and giggle happily, sighing as I stare out the window at the luscious forest. I sighed happily snd closed my eyes, relaxing. Starting next week, I was gonna be the king's personal artist. And who knows what that man might make me paint. Whatever it is I'll be happy to do whatever he wants.

                         ~~~