Chapter I

What would you do if you live in a world where you're bound to a completely stranger for the rest of your life?
You can either try to find that person or watch your life getting shorter and shorter as time passes by.

I'm speaking of soulmates.

Connected through the flowers inside their hearts, their fate is determined from their birth on.

You have 21 years to find your soulmate, otherwise the flowers will start growing their petals inside you and slowly stifle you to death.

"What a cruel world" you may think now.

That's exactly what Mina thought for the past 20 years, not being able to find her soulmate that shares the same flower as her.

A purple flower called Monkshood, at least that's one of the many names it owns, usually a sign for danger because of its poison.

Maybe its time to finally search for that guy...

Mina never thought about searching for her soulmate since she didn't like the thought of her being bound to someone for her whole life.

She tried to have a normal love life but most people either focused on finding their soulmates or already accepted their fate and just wait until death will free them.

Some of them even rather kill themselves than suffocating on the flowers inside them.

Mina's phone vibrated inside her pocket, she was sitting on the bus on her way home, and she took it out, noticing that her best and only friend Miyu was calling her.

They have been friends since their childhood but Miyu had to move away due to her mother wanting the girl to study overseas.

Miyu always called Mina her little twin, since she's older by two years but they still match perfectly, like twins.

Like I just mentioned she's 22, which means she already found her soulmate and they're currently living a happy life together. She wanted to move back to her best friend but her boyfriend rather stays in New Zealand.

They still visit her from time to time to see how she's doing and also taking a break from their own work back at home.

"DID YOU LOOK ON TWITTER" she screeched as soon as Mina picked up the call.

"OUCH- no I didn't, why?"

"YOUR SOULMATE POSTED"

Mina sighs. This has been going on for months now.

Back in school Miyu was the first to get into kpop and soon also Mina started listening to the music genre.

They both still love the music however they grew up and learned to stop wasting their time with raving over celebrities.
They have their own soulmates they have to find before they turn 21 or else their career would be over way sooner than they expected.

But there's this one guy, a member of a boy group, they debuted about a year ago, who won't leave her thoughts since the moment she first saw a picture of him.

Choi San.

Even tho his group, Ateez, just joined the music industry they're already one of the most successful junior boy groups out there.

Miyu always talked about him being Mina's soulmate, which she, how you probably already noticed, doesn't really like to hear.

"I already told you, even if he was my soulmate how should I ever meet him? He's a celebrity in case you forgot and I bet he has better things to do than looking for his soulmate."

This time Miyu was the one sighing.

"In case you forgot, he needs to find his soulmate if he doesn't want to die."

Mina got off the bus, walking in the direction of her apartment, still holding her phone in the right hand.

"Okay and what do you think I should do about it?", Mina sarcastically asked her best friend.

"Take the next possible flight to Seoul.."