An insult or a promise? Prinxiety

They were at it again.

Virgil and Roman, arguing over Disney films' meanings.

What else would they be doing?

"Sleeping Beauty?" Roman yelled, determined to find a film Virgil could not twist up.

"Well, now we're just back to the lack of consent," Virgil retorted, an underlying note of defiance in his voice, "Honestly Princey, you always think everything has to be all sunshine and rainbows, because that's what you like. But if you would think straight, you'd see the darker undertones to a lot of things."

"I don't think straight... ever... I'm not straight!"

Virgil rolled his eyes.

"I know that, genius. I walked in on you drawing two guys kissing. And you had written your own name above one of them!" Honestly. Roman really thought he was stupid.

Roman's face flushed, and he suddenly became very interested in his shoes and the carpet beneath them.

"Ok then, what about... Bambi?"

"Man is dangerous."

"Pocahontas?!"

"White man is dangerous."

Virgil took out a very old, battered sketchbook and pencil. He wouldn't need to focus much on this argument, it was only Disney after all.

He flicked past drawings of Patton and Logan, Princey, Patton with dogs, more drawings of Roman, some silly cartoons of Logan finding out Patton had taken his Crofters, and yet more drawings of Roman, before finally arriving at a blank page.

"Seriously? Are you that uninterested by the amazing works of Disney? Frozen?!"

Virgil didn't answer, but smirked, having thought of something funny to draw. He looked up in time to say a few, not so well chosen words.

"Honestly, screw you, Roman," Virgil said, not as snappily as he would've liked.

Roman raised an eyebrow, and Virgil regretted his words at once.

"Is that an insult, or a promise, Hot Topic?"

Roman chanced a side glance at Virgil, whose face had gone brick red behind his white foundation.

Roman was pushed aside as his brother Remus sneaked up behind him.

"Oh, most definitely a promise!" Remus shouted, taking a large bite of deodorant.

"Oh get lost, Dukey." Virgil snapped.

Remus wandered off, most likely to wreak havoc somewhere, or to go bother Deceit with his pointless monologues.

"You never answered my question, Virge..." Roman said, more quietly than usual. Virgil pulled his hood up, fidgeting with the strings.

"So what if it was either?" Virgil attempted his usual, negative outlook, which did nothing to hide the fact his voice had dropped to mimic Roman's, or that his face was still redder than Logan faced with an endless supply of Patton Puns.

"Virge,"

"..."

"Do you want to see that drawing you saw now that it's finished?"

Virgil thought this was an odd request. Why would Princey want to show Virgil himself kissing some random dude? Couldn't hurt to see, right?

"...fine..."

Roman pulled a sketchbook from behind him, and flicked through it until he found what he was looking for.

The drawing, now fully coloured, depicted Roman, extremely close to a shorter, hoodie-clad figure with dark eyeshadow. A figure who was, unmistakably, Virgil.

"That's... that's us... and we're kissing..." Virgil whispered, tracing his and Roman's outlines in turn.

"It is. So, was that an insult or a promise?" Roman replied, clearly determined to get an answer to the question that had been bugging him for a very long time. 10 minutes, to be exact.

"Maybe it can be both..."