part twenty-four.

"you know what i don't get?" kenzie asked as she fell back into her bed.

jules frantically shut their bedroom door and locked it, "that im just finding out about this mysterious new freezing time ability thing that i have?"

kenzie rolled her eyes, "i was gonna say how in every tv show, movie, or book, the relationship problem is solved with someone saying i love you. like that's not reality." kenzie noticed the glare she was receiving from jules, "uhh, yea that too though..."

jules put her hair up into a bun and rinsed off her face in their half bathroom. "what are you doing?" kenzie asked looking in her direction.

wiping her face with a towel jules groaned, "what am i supposed to do?"

kenzie laid back and closed her eyes, "deny everything."

"what do you mean?"

eyes still shut she sighed and explained, "if he asks about it, deny it. play dumb. shouldn't be too hard for yo-"

throwing the towel her way jules rolled her eyes, "okay okay i get it."

"how come i didn't freeze like everyone else?" kenzie asked just remembering the fact.

jules began walking towards the door to leave, "i don't know.. maybe it's because you're also a witch?"

"yeah maybe."

jules stood in the doorway. she looked in the hallway and back to kenzie, "aren't you coming?"

kenzie shook her head, "nope. nope. i'm not going to last period. i'm done with life for the day."

"you've known the boy for like a month god damn it." jules protested while closing the door behind her.

"and what about it?" kenzie mumbled to herself.

****

asher took his seat next to johnny for chorus. "you won't believe what i think happened today!"

johnny raised an eyebrow, "what is it?"

asher leaned in and whispered, "so i think i saw mackenzie like move something with her mind."

johnny's eyes widened. "yea that was my reaction exactly." asher said.

"think you saw or saw?" johnny asked.

asher thought for a second, "what's the difference?.."

johnny laughed nervously, "ha, yea whatever. doubt it."

taking a look around asher whispered, "no really. it makes sense. think about it. it could be the reason for lauren's weird interest in her. it could also explain the first day of school when she got semi-angry and nadia's hair magically caught fire. i think jules is involved too. today we were all in the library and one second they were there and the next they were gone."

johnny tried to change the subject, "mkay buddy.. actually speaking of nadia, she invited me to her room tonight."

asher was confused, "what about diggy?"

"that's what i said! she doesn't care."

"good luck with that." asher said nonchalantly while patting his back. "maybe you'll lose your v-card."

"shh." johnny hissed anxiously.

"how about the both of you be quiet so that i can start my class yea?" ms. eilish said obviously annoyed. a.n. mhm i did that ms.eilish said: shuT the fuck up.

a.n.2. im really dragging this day aren't i 🥵
eh idc oops