The begining

*beep beep beep* I turned my alarm off I can't believe that my first year at UIC (University of Illinois at Chicago) starts today. I didn't have the normal high school experience. Where we discover ourselves and learn what life has in store. I never had a high school sweetheart. I never had a boyfriend at all. I was particularly quiet in school. I kept to myself. I tried my best to be unnoticed. I had a small group of friends that I talked to all the time. I was never very confident either. I thought I was fat, a loser, and never good enough.

Not anymore I'm starting fresh at a new period in my life. I'm starting to dress better, do my hair, and wear makeup. Finally after laying in bed for ten minutes I roll out of bed and go brush my teeth. My roommate is still sleeping. I still don't know how to feel about living with a complete stranger for a year, but hopefully we will become friends.

I remember the first day I came here. It was a couple weeks ago. It wasn't that big of a deal my parents dropped me off, and my mom cried the whole way she kept saying "my baby is all grown up." Im pretty sure my dad cried when he got home, but my sister wouldn't even come with she is so upset. I feel really bad for her. I was her only friend, but I told her "it's not like you're never going to see me again."

I finally finish putting my makeup on it always takes forever to get the perfect wing. I go to my closet to pick out an outfit. I decide on a pair of light blue skinny jeans and a brown tank top with a brown and white knitted cardigan. Then I go into the bathroom and start curling my hair.

" Wow you're up early. Please tell me you're not one of those morning people are you. They make me sick." Said Jennifer with her morning croaky voice.

"No I'm not I'm just to excited so I can't sleep. I made coffee if you would like some."

She looked at me and smiled thankfully as she poured herself a cup. She had a beautiful smile, like Jennifer Garner's. She had beautiful long dark brown hair that came down to her lower back. She was a very beautiful girl that just made it harder for me to have this new found confidence.

I grabbed my bag and put all my books in it and my laptop and began walking to my first lecture. College was so different from high school. There was a lot more people, and everyone in your class were interested in the same thing. I am studying in science and medicine to become a nurse practitioner. The teacher came in and he had very nice shiny black hair and blue eyes. He was extremely attractive but I need to focus on my studies so I can keep my scholarship. UIC is not cheap.

After my first day I was exhausted. I came into the dorm room and threw my books on the table and laid down. I didn't mean to fall asleep, but I woke up to Jennifer shaking me.

"Hey I'm about to go out for dinner with some friends if you would like to come." She said quietly.

"Yeah that sounds like fun let me just touch up on my make up and my hair."

We went to this restaurant downtown. It was a cute little café. We all sat down at this table. Jennifer introduced me to everyone. I tried to remember everyone's names, but it was kind of hard there were six other people besides me and Jen. Then another tall boy with dark hair and blue eyes came in he wore saggy ripped jeans and a black shirt. Jennifer ran up to him and kissed him and brought him to the table.

"Aubrey this is my boyfriend james." Said Jennifer with a huge grin on her face.

"Hi james, I'm Jennifer's roommate." I said awkwardly.

"Hey." He said with a smirk on his face.

Then we all sat down and ordered food. I felt horrible I was thinking about how attractive he was and of course he has a girlfriend. Not only does he have a girlfriend it just so happens to be my roommate. Just my luck.