Party

We walked into the party and it wasn't what I expected at all. All the lights where off there were colored flashing lights all over. People were dancing and they all had red cups in their hands. The. I saw a couch and there were people making out on it. The music was loud. Jennifer grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards this room. We went inside and it was bright it had all the lights on and there was people sitting in a circle on the floor all passing around a joint.
"Hey everybody!" Jen said
"Hey Jen! Hey James! Hey whoever you are!" A guy with shaggy brown hair covering his eyes said.
"Oh how rude of me this is Aubrey." Jen said.
"Come join us. I'm Jake." The boy with shaggy hair said.
"Umm Ok?" I said nervously. I've never smoked weed before or been in the same room as it. So I sat down next to Jake and they were all really friendly, but I don't know if it was just the drugs talking. The joint had been passed around the whole room and then it came to me. I grabbed it and went to pass it to the next person.
"No. It's your turn." The girl next to me said.
"Oh no. I'm good I don't want to." I said
"Don't be a pussy you goody two shoes!" She said
"I'm not a pussy. I just don't want to do drugs ok?!" I say slightly angered
"Leave her alone! Just take the damn joint Maddy!" James yelled.
Maddy took the joint from me, and I just stared at James. Finally after a few more times around the circle we all went out to the party.
"Do you guys want me to get you drinks?" James said to Jennifer and I.
"Yes babe I'll just have a beer." Jen says
"And you?" James says to me.
"I'm good thanks anyways." I say
He comes back with two beers and a water. He hands me the water and winks. I was slightly confused if he was flirting or not so I just took it as a no. We went out on the floor and started dancing. I was finally having fun throughout this whole night.
"I'm going to the bathroom." Jen says
She goes to the bathroom then it was just me and James we started dancing together. Which was awkward because I was practically grinding on him. So I went to pull away and he turned me around and kissed me. I started to kiss him back and then I realized what I was doing, but I couldn't get myself to stop so I put my arms around his neck and he moves his down my back. I started to kiss him harder, but passionately at the same time.
"What the fuck!" Jen screamed.
Then I pulled my lips from his.
"I'm so sorry I don't know what happened!" I say. I honesty didn't know how to respond. I couldn't make it look better than what it was. I was making out with her boyfriend.
"I don't want to fucking hear it!" She yells and walks out.
James and I followed her out but she was already gone. So me and James had to take the bus home. We both didn't say anything to each other the whole way home. He walked me up to my dorm.
"She's really mad isn't she." James said. You could tell he felt really bad.
"Yeah she is. I'm afraid to go in there." I say.
"I would be too. She has quite the temper." James said.
"Thanks that makes me feel safer." I say.
"You should!" He says sarcastically.
"Goodnight." I say
Then he hugs me. We both stare at each other for a second.
"Goodnight." He says with a smile.
I go inside and Jen is already sleeping. I knew I should've stayed home and watched Netflix I think to myself. Then I put my pajamas on, wash my makeup off, put my hair up, and brush my teeth. I crawl in to bed and fall asleep almost instantly. I was not looking forward to the morning.