Adventure

Clack

Click Click

Clack

"I win again!" Matt exclaimed happily.

"Too bad for me, but I know I'll beat you next time!" Edd challenged.

Their game was interrupted by the door making a metallic screech noise as it opened, revealing Dr.L.

"Hi!" Matt shouted, waving at Dr.L.

"Hello Matt." Dr.L replied calmly.

"Is Tom here? Did you bring him?" Matt asked, peeking around Dr.L.

"Yea, where is he?" Edd continued.

"Who?" Dr.L asked, not really paying attention to the boys, more checking the condition of their room.

"Uhhh...Tom? You know, the guy with the spiky hair and weird eyes?" Edd pressed.

"Oh, yes SCP-5043. Yes he is fine, he is in his cell at the moment."

"Can we see him again? Can we bring Connect4?" Matt pleaded, looking at Dr.L with begging eyes.

"Uh, well, maybe later. He's uh, pretty tired right now." Dr.L said, being caught off guard at how much the boys wanted to see Tom.

"Woohoo!" Matt cheered, leaning over and hugging Edd.

"Ok, everything seems to be in place here. And don't lose any of those pieces, that's one of our last full sets." Dr.L warned, walking towards the door and leaving.

A moment of silence sat in the room.

"You know what Matt?" Edd asked, a mischievous gleam in his eye.

"What?"

"I say that I don't quite want to wait for Dr.L to say when we can see Tom. I say we go see him now!" Edd replied triumphantly, standing up.

"Yeah!" Matt said, standing as well, "Now what?"

"Uh.. I didn't get that far in my plan."

"How about we just open the door?" Matt asked, shrugging.

"But they always leave it locke-" Edd was cut off by the sound of the door opening. For a split second, he was filled with fear, but then realized that it was Matt that had opened the door.

"What were you saying Edd?" Matt asked, going into the hallway.

"Nothing Matt!" Edd chirped, following Matt into the hall.

The boys looked down both ends of the hall, scanning for any sort of signs indicating their, or Tom's, location.

"Which way do we go?" Matt questioned worriedly.

"Um.. this way!" Edd said with confidence, turning left.

Left, right, right, left, through a door, stopping to look at a sign, another left, one more right and...

There it was.

The start of the empty hallway that Tom's cell was placed in.

"We made it!" Matt exclaimed, jumping up slightly.

"Uh, yeah! I totally knew the way!"

They pair walked to the viewing room door, which was surprisingly unlocked. It was empty, yet another surprise.

They saw Tom sitting on his bed, reading a book.

"Hey Tom!" Matt yelled, waving his hand.

No response.

"Maybe he can't hear us.." Edd said, trailing off.

"Hey Edd?"

"Yeah Matt?"

"Do you hear something, like the sound of someone walking towards this room?"

Edd realized that someone was coming for the viewing room, and grabbed Matt to hide. The pair dove behind a desk, and crouched down low, in hopes of being passed over.

The door opened, and whoever entered the room went straight into the cell, the alarm blaring for a few seconds.

Tom looked up, almost elated to see whoever it was. Edd had never seen Tom so happy.

Edd was still confused as to who could possibly make Tom so excited, until the pair sat down on the concrete floor.

Dr.L.

It was Dr.L.

He had some sort black box in his hand, and Edd saw it was chess. He watched as Dr.L methodically started to place his white plastic pieces in their corresponding spots, and Tom do the same. The pair started the game, and to the boys' surprise, they could hear the others' conversation.

"So, how far have you gotten in your book?" Dr.L inquired.

"Only about halfway through, I never really liked reading in school."

Edd's eavesdropping was interrupted by Matt.

"That's why we can't play with Tom, Dr.L is hogging all the time!"

"Shhhh!" Edd shushed, bringing a finger up to his mouth to indicate silence.

The pair watched as the others took turns, chatting quietly.

"Wait, Tom could've taken that move the get Dr.L's king! Then he would win!" Matt yelled-whispered.

"Maybe he's doing it on purpose..or he's really bad at chess."

The boys stayed in their hiding spot for a few more minutes, no one from the game winning or losing.

It was pretty boring, actually.

"Well, I guess it's time to go, cuz we found out what's happening here." Edd whispered, turning to Matt.

"Guess so,"

The pair snuck out their hiding spot quietly, even though the Dr.L and Tom couldn't hear them.

They crept through the door, closing as quietly as they could.

"Uh, Edd?"

"Yeah?"

"How do we get back?"

"Shit."

cliffhanger time

aLSO I GOT A CHAPTER DONE rELATIvelY FAsT HWTFEGYDUIE

and yes i like to call edd and matt "the boys"

bcuz they r the boys

bye!!! luv!! yu!!!!!!

-sad_cat