Chapter 14 : It's my fault

Chapter 14 is here! Yay~ let's see what happens with Aichi's first day at school with an actual friend~ hehe so let the chapter start~ I don't own cardfight vangaurd, sadly Bushiroad does.. =.=

On our way to school, me and Naoki talked and learned about each other, it turned out that he was actually relatively smart. I really enjoyed walking together, it made me feel happy to know that I won't be alone at school anymore and for that, I was glad.

When the two of us approached the school I started to feel slightly uneasy, I couldn't help but worry about what would happen to Naoki when everyone notices he was now my friend. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jumped slightly, I looked back and sighed with relief when I saw that it had been Naoki.

"Aichi, what's wrong?"

I could hear the concern in his voice, it surprised me slightly but also made me greatly happy. I smiled weakly at Naoki, I knew that I shouldn't keep my worries towards myself but I was just too afraid to voice them.

"I'm fine, just feeling a little under the weather."

Naoki looked at me for a second then smiled as he accepted my response which I was thankful of. I picked up my walking pace as I headed towards my seat, I didn't want others to notice Naoki who was now at my side.

"Sheesh Aichi what gives? Walking so fast all of a sudden"

"Ah sorry Naoki, I just want to sit"

I sighed as I sat down in my seat, I looked through the corner of my eye and saw Mizuha looking at Naoki with a confused look on his face. I flinched slightly as he got up and walked towards us, he didn't so much as glance at me as he walked by.

"Hey Naoki! What are ya doing over here talking to yourself?"

Mizuha smiled as he patted Naoki on the back, I noticed the shocked expression that creeped upon his face.

"Mizuha.. I'm talking to Aichi, not myself"

Naoki's voice was firm and his fists were clenched, Mizuha just laughed slightly and gave a strange grin.

"Naoki, it's not funny trying to lie. There's nobody named Aichi in this class"

Even though I had been expecting those words, I still couldn't cover the hurt that I was feeling. Naoki seemed like he was seething with anger towards Mizuha, it hurt knowing that I was the cause of Naoki's current problems.

"Yes there is Mizuha! He's right there! Why does everyone insist on denying his existence?! He human just like us you know!"

Naoki pointed at me as he yelled at Mizuha, I knew that we were friends but I still couldn't believe how angry he had gotten.

Mizuha sighed.

"No he's a freak"

Milla ran up to Mizuha and grabbed his arm and smiled towards him.

"Mizuha why are you standing here all alone? Come back to the group!"

A cruel grin spread across Mizuha's face as he nodded towards Milla. I was frozen at her words.

All alone... But Naoki's here... Oh no.. I've ruined his life now.. He'll end up just like me, all because I was selfish and agreed to his offer..

"Ah sorry Milla,I don't know what came over me"

Mizuha and Milla then went back to join with their friends, I looked over at Naoki. I couldn't believe that because of me, he also didn't exist in class. I could feel the tears that were threatening to fall down my face, I quickly got up from my seat and ran out the door, I wanted to get away from everybody and everything. Once I was off school grounds I allowed my tears to fall as I ran. I ran not caring where I would end up, all I cared about was getting as far away from everything as I could.

I can't believe that because of me Naoki had to suffer like I did.. It's not fair, all he did was show kindness towards me. What does he get? A bunch of bullies denying his existence along with my own...

If I just didn't accept his offer, Naoki would probably be able to interact with our classmates still. He may not know it yet, but he will also fall into loneliness as well..

All because of me.

I knew I didn't deserve a friend, I knew of what might happen if others saw us talking together.. But still..

Even though I knew.. I was selfish and said yes..

I kept thinking similar thoughts as I ran blindly through the town, I had reached areas that I didn't recognize however I still didn't stop running. I didn't want to be found, I was afraid. Afraid of what would happen if I was found, I had run away from school after having my only friend get hurt because of me. My mom and Emi would surely be disappointed in me, I had caused trouble for not only them but Mr.Kiri who was responsible for the class. I had also caused way too much trouble for the first person who had ever asked me to become their friend.

After I had run long enough for me to feel pain with every breath I took I slunk into a side street. By the look of all the litter and trash that occupied it, I could tell that it was rarely ever traversed.

I allowed myself to slink down into a shadowed corner in the side street, I knew that I would easily go unseen so long as I were to Stay silent. I huddled together with my knees to my chest and my head resting on my knees.

As I cried I noticed something glint out of the corner of my eyes, I timidly picked it up and saw that it was a broken shard of glass, presumably from a broken bottle. I stared at the shard intently, craving to see my friend red, maybe even let red lead me out towards the sky.

I've already proven to be nothing but trouble, causing problems for people who cared about me..

I don't deserve to see them ever again.. Very few people will notice if I were to disappear.. Even then they'll eventually get over it and forget about me..

So why not?

Me: that's the end of chapter 14!

Aichi: ....gomen...

Naoki: Aichi!! Where the hell are you!

Aichi: .....

Me: :0 uh oh...

Naoki: that stupid Mizuha and Milla!!

Me: calm down Naoki

Naoki: calm down?!? My friend just ran away crying!

Aichi: ...

Me: anyway hope ya liked the chappy! ^_^