Bitch-Ass Brunch Fest

Killua didn't see Gon, well, at all. At least for the first month, and it certainly wasn't enough time to recover. Quite honestly, Calc II became his saving grace. It was easier to distract himself with the hellfire that was the start of the semester, but Homecoming was coming up and that brought on an entirely new affair.

Killua had been avoiding football like the plague. Gon was no longer on the field, but that didn't matter. The entire sport was now infected with the idea and image of Gon Freecss. He and Zushi used to watch the games every weekend over study sessions, but now they suffered in the quiet of their apartment, day-drinking and eating instant pudding.

Killua opened the pantry door and surveyed their broad selection of pudding. The last time he went grocery shopping, he dedicated an entire bag and thirty dollars to instant pudding packets. Zushi didn't know about it until he opened the pantry one day and said, "Holy shit balls, that's a lot of pudding."

It was, he had to agree, a lot of pudding. He was no longer a gym junkie, but running was another issue entirely. Distantly, he heard Zushi whispering to Kurapika in the living room as he popped open a pudding packet. "I think he's training for a marathon. He runs, like, ten miles a day."

"Maybe he is training for a marathon," Kurapika whispered back. "I heard running is a good distraction from—"

Killua haphazardly splashed milk into a measuring cup and shouted, "I can hear you guys talking smack about me!"

"It's not smack! It's relevant and important information!" Kurapika shouted. "As your mother, I cannot condone ten miles a day! No less than twelve!"

"Kurapika!" Zushi cried. "You're gonna make him keel over and die."

Killua wandered down the hall to the living room, a bowl tucked in one arm, and a whisk in the other. He waved the whisk at those two idiots and said, "What I do on my runs is none of your business. In the apocalypse, you're gonna need me."

"Oh really?" Kurapika said, snickering.

"Yes really," Killua said, smirking.

"You're both idiots," Zushi said, annoyed.

Killua took a seat at the coffee table, stirring his pudding into the perfect consistency. As he did, Kurapika leant over the table to fill Killua's wine glass back up with blood red merlot. Killua thanked them and would have smiled if it didn't feel like such a chore. He wouldn't make himself suffer unnecessarily outside of Calc II.

He took a sip of wine and sighed. This was what he lived for, dick be damned—wine was where the business was.

"I am eternally grateful for the pudding, wine, and Calc II in my life," Killua said.

"Oh, are we praying now?" Kurapika said.

Zushi leant over to Kurapika, a hand covering the side of his mouth as he whispered, "I think he's become a masochist."

Killua scowled at Zushi, who then yelped in fear.

"I'm fine," Killua hissed. "My life doesn't, didn't, nor will it ever revolve around a significant other."

Kurapika held their glass up to Killua, who then clinked his wine glass against theirs. "Cheers to that. We are single and proud."

Killua took a massive swig of his drink. He didn't care if it was wine—it was going to be in his belly before long. "You know," he said, "I've been thinking about installing Tinder."

"Don't," Zushi said, horrified.

"Yes," Kurapika said.

Zushi turned a scowl towards them. They hid their demonic grin behind the glass as Zushi hissed, "I won't let you contaminate Killua's wholesomeness."