Girl Talk

Her expression flatlined. Completely serious. "I never kid about swimming."

"Well, how was I supposed to know that?" he said, arms out.

She smiled. "That's okay. That's what underwear is for."

Zushi cackled. Killua flushed bright red because he wasn't exactly wearing underwear that people saw these days. There was an entire corner of his underwear drawer that he hadn't touched since seeing Gon, but now, he was back to wearing them. And that included his favorite pair of purple Waluigi boxers.

"I-I'm not swimming!" Killua stammered, ears bright pink.

"Oh, shit, what boxers are you wearing? Are you wearing briefs?" Zushi asked, giggling, covering his mouth as Killua sent him the deadliest glare he could muster. It didn't take much effort.

"I've phased my bullshit underwear back into my wardrobe, okay? I'm not subjecting you guys to that," Killua huffed, arms crossed defensively over his chest.

Zushi jolted towards him. Killua jumped away, fully braced to run a mile to escape. And then, Zushi was chasing him, trying to snag his shorts. Killua ran, screaming, "NONONONONONO!" as Zushi laughed so hard he couldn't breathe and therefore came to an abrupt stop to clutch at a cramp in his side. With his defenses down, Killua started to walk back to the rug only to be nabbed from behind by Zushi shoving his basketball shorts down. He saw Retz slap her hands over her mouth to keep from either A) laughing or B) gasping in horror at the sight of Killua's Waluigi boxers.

Killua threw his arms up, defeated, and turned to shove Zushi face-first into the black sand. Zushi screamed uncle almost immediately, still giggling. Killua tripped—his shorts were around his ankles, after all—and fell over him with a curse.

Killua didn't even bother putting his shorts on. His dignity was already down the drain, nothing mattered anymore. Retz was clearly trying not to laugh as he returned to the rug. She put her hand over her mouth and cheek, turned away, eyes closed. Killua put his hands on his hips.

"The infamous boxers! Every time I see you I wonder to myself, 'Hm, I wonder if he's wearing those today,'" Zushi said.

"Y-You knew about these?" Retz said, giddy.

"Oh, yeah, when Killua first met Gon, he was actually telling me about his Waluigi boxers," Zushi said, dropping down onto the rug. Killua followed shortly after him, sobered by the mention of Gon. Zushi went on, explaining, "I mean, there was context and all that, but basically we were talking about Smash Bros, and Killua was talking about how gay the name Smash Bros is, and that's when Gon chimed in. You think he heard about your Waluigi boxers?"

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Killua said, shaking his head. He tried to count the number of times Gon begged him to wear them, but he couldn't on his hands.

"Hey, Killua," Retz started as she lowered herself down. She leant back on her hands and tipped her head to the side. "Are you bisexual, by any chance?"

Zushi's giggling fell quiet. Killua stared at Retz, who stared back, relaxed and curious. Killua pursed his lips, shrugged, and said, "I'm kinda gay."

"That's an understatement," Zushi said with a snort.

Retz frowned. She put a finger to her lips and turned away with a terse, "Hm," that had Killua narrowing his eyes. In his experience, people only asked if they were interested, and it seemed odd that Retz would hit on him immediately after jumping out of a longterm relationship of over five years.

"Why do you ask?" Killua asked, and his query brought a flush to her cheeks that became immediately obvious in the red blotches peppering around her freckles.