Fifteen

Cali Serenity

Cali Serenity

I made sure the door was locked before heading upstairs with Kross walking behind me.

I didn't expect me to be so eager to let him back into my presence so soon, but I missed him and I felt like we needed to have a talk.

We both entered the bedroom. Kross plopped down on my bed as I closed my bedroom door and locked it, just in case my dad and mom decided they wanted to pop into my bedroom at any given moment.

They don't give a damn about your door being closed, they still will walk into the shit and speak their mind. Closed doors mean knock before entering.

"You want the light on?" I asked, moving my curtain back to let some moonlight shine into my bedroom.

"Nah I'm good"

I nodded before turning my speaker on a low volume and allowed one of my Apple Music playlists to take over.

Girl, if I told you I love you

That doesn't mean it that I don't care, ooh

And when I tell you I need you

Don't you think that I'll never be there, ooh

I sat down beside Kross, who was placing his phone on DND and into his pocket. Trying to be slick and catch a glimpse of who he was texting and I failed miserably.

"So we need to talk" I started, leaning back on my pillow.

"I know you want to talk about that shit that happened last week"

"You damn right Kross. What the fuck was that about?"

My eyes stared at him as he licked his lips. He shifted his body until he was fully facing me.

"That was my baby mama, Cali"

"Okay? Why was she up there tripping like that? You fucking with her still or something?"

"Its complicated fa'real Cali"

I pursed my lips, huffing and standing up. I crossed my arms as I stood in front of him, staring him dead in the eyes without blinking.

"Complicated as in she trying to use your son as a reason to stay around or you fucking her and doing ya thing type of complicated?"