Foreword

It should be illegal for parents to have friends.

Why? Because their friends always end up being the parents of the rudest, most annoying and arrogant children.

Take me, for example, having to see the Hemmings lounging in my living room every time I come home, it really doesn't help that we live right next-door to them.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mr and Mrs Hemmings. It's their son who I really can't stand, drinking all of my pop and going through all of my stuff.

That's right, Luke Hemmings. My worst nightmare. It also just so happens to be that our bedrooms are both on the second floor, perfectly adjacent, with big fat windows facing each other, so I can't go through a day in my room without seeing Luke in his.

Let's not forget how incredibly close our houses are to each other, so I can hear all of his music playing, and he can hear my screams when I tell him to shut up.

He even used to climb into my window sometimes, taking and leaving whatever he wants. Usually my homework. No big deal.

And instead of hiring a babysitter, my parents always thought it'd be a fun idea to drop me off at the Hemmings' house and leave me to suffer. Eventually the Hemmings started leaving the little demon at my place as well.

The day the Hemmings left for the US was the happiest day of my life. I know they'll come back eventually, but for now I'm just enjoying my life in peace before terror strikes again.