Chapter 1: Mum, I am home

nikki20038

I fixed my tie, looking at the rear view mirror and looked back at the mansion sighing. Even the front yard is filled with people, probably Phil's friends from school or Gymnastic gym. He is turning eighteen today, I can't believe he is so big now. It was just yesterday he was playing around with junior or with his favorite turtle. What was it's name again?

Leonardo.

I stepped out of my car as I parked it in the garage and walked towards my house's entrance. On the way I received almost 23 hugs from the ladies and 29 "Hey, man's" from guys.

There was a big banner outside the house, written "Phillip John's awesome 18th birthday. " Ivan *sigh*

I reached the ball room and found Mum there talking with my aunts, I went to her and she engulfed me in her warm motherly embrace. "Mum, I am Home. "

I visited last 7 months ago and this is actually soon but Mum understood what I meant. I am back home, graduated from college. She was alone here for too long now. She hated having to talk to us on facetime all the time. I hated it too. Now all the Cahill brothers are together, it's been a while.

"I have missed you Mum. "

"Me to darling. " she smiled and patted my back than pulled away, I saw a tear rolled down her eye which she quickly wiped. I smiled sadly at her and she just shook her head.

I heard loud cheers coming from none other than Phillip's Friends, they were carrying him and cheering loudly, some relatives were complaining and Mum have to apologize for their behavior.

Phillip came up to me and asked what I already expected. " What did you bring for me bro? "

He is still a kid anyways. His hair were gelled and his blue eyes were sparkling with excitement. He was wearing a black polka dot button down white shirt and black pants, a king crown on his head but it was made of paper.

"Just wait. "

"Oh my god! You know Macy actually handed it to me yesterd-"

"because you made her give it to you. " I said matter-of-factly.

"Still. " someone hit him upside the head for which I was highly thankful.

"Lucas! " Macy said, more like exclamed and hugged me. When she pulled away I saw her dress, she borrowed it from Taylor Swift?

"Did you finally bought yourself a dress or Mum made you wear these? " I asked knowing my sister-in-law.

"Sam did, isn't it nice. I love when he buy me dresses. "

"Your Husband is cheesy. " I told her and Sam came from no where to say, "I am cheesy? Who bought those pinkies for his girlfriend? " my cheeks heated up and I tried to cover them with my hand.

When I was dating this girl Talia, I bought her some pink stuff

okay clothes.

And Sam can't resist but make fun of me.

"Stop making fun of him"

"I can't help Hazel. " he said snaking a arm around her and running his fingers tmhis curly hair. His green eyes reflected happiness. Being a Dad made him happier.

"Charlie's sleeping? "

"Yeah, he just slept. I can't leave him unattended for long thou."

"Hey Luke! " My twin Called out for me handing the guitar to Peter, our cousin and came to me with a grin.

He engulfed me in a embrace and after pulling away I said, "久しぶりの兄弟です"

He threw his head back laughing. "We speak English in this house hold man."

I shrugged, "Get used to me speaking Japanese then."

"You have changed. " he said, but his eyes told me, he meant it in a good way.

"Sure I did. "

Should I change the book cover?

Click that star and turn it to orange!
Just like the color of autumn.