Contact

This is a flashback chapter just in case you couldn't tell.

Ten years ago, when he was nineteen, Gameknight had woken up in a stranger's bed.

That had been the start of all of this.

The start of all of his problems.

That was because the stranger had been Herobrine and he had woken up there after a drunk night, remembering nothing from the night before. For a few weeks Gameknight had tried to get Hero to date him. He had tried what he thought was everything, he gave him books, flowers, chocolate, cards, everything he could think of, but it just didn't seem to work.

Until one day when Hero and Tommy saw each other at the very same McDonalds that Gameknight had ran to the night Hero was caught cheating.

You see, Herobrine was working there, he had been kicked out of his parents house for telling the police that his father was abusing him, emotionally, and physically, but luckily not sexualy. His father was never arrested because Hero was forced not to finish the story, his mother had threatened that if he talked more about the abuse, his boyfriend at the time would be affected as well.

Hero had told Gameknight this story after Gameknight had given him yet another Get Scared CD because he had scene Herobrine wearing one of their hoodies a few days before.

Once Tommy knew about Hero's past he had felt bad for berating him with gifts and asking him out every five minutes. Herobrine had social anxiety and yet he kept having to decline politely every single time that Gameknight asked him out, for fear of their possible relationship becoming abusive in some way. Obviously, that wasn't very healthy for Hero's social skills, and finally he gave in and told Gameknight about his past.

After a few weeks without either of them talking to each other, only awkwardly avoiding eye contact if they even saw each other at a store, Gameknight got a text. 

"Hey," it said.

Tommy had checked who was texting him, confused. He never gave out his phone number to anyone, unless it was Herobrine, he had franticly written his number on the back of the last CD he had given to Hero.

F*ck.

The text was in fact from Herobrine.

It took Gameknight a few minutes to respond, he was worried that if he said the wrong thing Herobrine could get mad at him, or get mad at himself. He waited and waited for a bright idea to pop into his head and none came, so eventually he gave up and quickly texted the first thing that came to his mind.

"Hi," said the first message, then he decided to continue in the second message, typing out three words much faster than the first text, "Are you okay?"

A little symbol poped up on Hero's side, Gameknight was pretty sure it meant he was typing.

Oh no, what if he had said the wrong thing? What if he had made Herobrine feel even worse about his life? What if this was not even Herobrine, and instead some crazy person who just wanted his money?

Texting was not Gameknight's cup of tea.

And by the message that Herobrine typed out, he probably didn't enjoy it much either.

"Meet me at the McDonalds okay?"

Gameknight had no idea how to respond, was this a good thing or a bad thing? Had he offended Herobrine or did he just want to talk? Wait, what if he wanted to ask him out?

No. That was impossible, Gamknight had annoyed him to much already, why in the world would he want to date him? Gameknight was just another person to have abandoned him as soon as he had told them about his past, a useless fake of a person, a liar.

But against all his worries he typed again.

"Okay." He said.

Eight years latter, Gameknight couldn't sleep. How could he? The marriage was the next day, and Hero wasn't even sure if he wanted to eat some of the wedding cake or just throw it at Gameknight.

Gameknight shook his head, smiling. He had waited years for this day, years and years of dating Herobrine, years and years of trying to get Herobrine into therapy, and eventually succeeding. This was another thing to cross of his things-to-do list, right below getting Herobrine to date him, getting Herobrine to try pizza rolls, getting Herobrine into therapy, and getting engaged to Herobrine. 

Finally they would be married.

And hopefully it would last the rest of their lives.